“Good location”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #97 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Good location, nice rooms and easy parking. Let down by the fact that in my two night stay the room wasn't cleaned. When I asked to have it done (5pm by now) a cleaner arrived whilst I was showering so asked her if she could come back later when I was out, she said yes to this but the room never got done. I had to hunt the corridors for another cleaner for some fresh towels.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear mallyduk,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not to our expected standards and that we let you down with regards to your room cleanliness. I would certainly be very interested to hear your comments regarding the situation and would invite you to contact me at the hotel if this is something you would like to do.

Every room telephone has a link to our reception team are more than happy to arrange the cleaning of a room without you having to spend your time away looking for staff to do this.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the situation you encountered and do not hesitate to contact me should you like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Late booking for overnight trip in family room. So close to Haymarket Station. Staff were very friendly and helpful in particular the dining room staff Grace and Emma were great and food was good. Rooms were great and kids loved it. Taxis sit outside hotel and only 10 min walk to Princes Street, very handy location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brian P,

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts on your recent trip to Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

One of the many benefits guests comment on of staying with us is our close proximity to Edinburgh's second largest train station and I'm glad this was the same for you.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that both Grace and Emma had such a positive impact on your stay and that you have found the time to let us know. I will be passing your comments on to both of them, Thank you.

I'm also glad to hear that your kids enjoyed our rooms so much and that your time with us was enjoyable.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very enjoyable stay & a great night sleep was had even though it was daylight savings time change staff very welcoming in hotel & restaurant & after an evening in the city the taxi was able to drop us off at the front door

Dear Caroler69,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. I'm pleased to hear you had such a great nights sleep with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

It's always great to hear positive comments regarding the hotel and restaurant staff. I have passed your comments on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked the hotel for a weekend stay for 28/3 & 29/3 to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. The rooms were great and the staff were friendly. Unfortunately on the second night we were awoken in the early hours of the morning by late night revellers and sadly this continued throughout the rest of the night. We were both shattered when we got up on Sunday morning to catch our train home. I mentioned it to the receptionist when we were checking out and to my surprise she offered us a full refund for the Saturday night. I was absolutely delighted with this offer..but I am wondering what the next step is????

Room Tip: Rooms not facing main road are likely to be quieter.

Dear Siobhan F,

Firstly may I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your 24th Wedding Anniversary and also to offer a thank you for choosing the Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket as the destination for your celebration.

I am delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and the rooms great, please be assured that this has been passed to our team.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on the second night with noise. We understand the importance of a good nights sleep and en devour to do all we can to make sure that all our guests receive this promise. Our reception staff are on hand 24 hours a day to assist all our guest with any issues they may have during their stay.

Should you choose to stay with us in the future, placing a call to reception from your room phone will alert us to any issues and we will be more than happy to assist in making sure that your stay with us is a little quieter.

I am very pleased to hear that you told us about your experience in the morning and that the receptionist kept our promise of a good night sleep. Refunds can take up to 5 working days to show up on guests accounts, if you have not received it yet please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel and I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing us as your anniversary location and for taking the time to give your thoughts on your stay. I hope to be able to welcome you back to celebrate your 25th next year.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Pleasant stay. Location not great and opposite derelict building site. Apart from that, no other complaints. Lovely breakfast. Room nice and pleasant. Lifts a bit dodgy but I would say that for the price it was good value and for my first experience of Edinburgh I enjoyed my stay and I thought the staff were great. Its ten minutes walk to Edinburgh main street but although the hotel was nice the location surrounding it was a bit run down. I wouldn't book there if its a nice view you're after.

• Stayed: March 2014
CarolDickson, Operations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear JaneyhBedfordshire,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

I'm please to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast with us and that our rooms were pleasant.

I have passed on your comments regarding the service you received from our staff, who were all very pleased to hear that they contributed to your stay in a positive way.

I hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

Carol Dickson
Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights recently. overall it was very good, had a problem with the room one night ,also with the starter course one night . When brought to the attention of the duty manager 'Gary' he resolved the problems instantly . generally the food was good, especially the breakfast.

Dear ValDenYateley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Edinburgh Haymarket. I'm glad that Gary was able to help you out with the issues you encountered and that you found your breakfast and time with us enjoyable enough to take the time to give your thoughts on your stay.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your wife back to Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I accompanied my Grandfather to the hotel to help him with checking in as he can get somewhat confused these days. He was checked in by James who I must say was excellent and the soul reason why I am writing this review; he couldn't have been more pleasant and patient with him, even when we had arrived at the wrong hotel; transferring to a disabled room at Haymarket was no issue and this was done with empathy and understanding.

I just wanted to acknowledge his excellent approach and give credit when it's due. Well done.

Cheers,

Darren.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rollingcrock,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding the actions of our receptionist James.

I am delighted to hear that the service you and your grandfather received made such a positive impact. All our staff here at Edinburgh Haymarket stive to deliver the best customer service possible and react to any given situation.

Your comments have been very well received by James.

Thank you once again for your review, myself, James and the rest of the team look forward to seeing you in the future.

Carol Dickson