“Excellent friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (Haymarket)

and 1 more site!
Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (Haymarket)
Ranked #90 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend over Easter when we arrived the room was ready and we were dealt with quickly. The staff were all willing to help nothing was too much trouble. They always had a smile on their faces and the room were very comfortable, we asked for some extra pillows and they were given to us immediately. Fantastic stay

• 5 of 5 bubbles
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (Haymarket), responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Tracy M,

It's great to read that your stay with us was so comfortable and that our staff were efficient, friendly and smiling. We strive to make our guests as comfortable and as happy as we can and I'm delighted to notice that we were able to deliver everything you needed for a great nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another long weekend in the future.

Reception Shift Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

would recommend, outstanding, clean, food was fantastic, rooms were kept to high standards , easy reach to the city, buses every 5 mins ,next door to train station.
good value for money
staff were amazing

1 Thank teresamarson
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (Haymarket), responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear teresamarson,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I am delighted to see that our rooms and food were outstanding and that our location was ideal for your visit to Scotland's Capital city.

We love to hear what our guests think about their stay, especially regarding the service they receive from the staff, I am over joyed to note that you thought our staff were amazing! I will be making sure this is fedback to every department.

Thank you once again for such a lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Buxton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Plumped for this Premier Inn for a last minute break to Edinburgh as it was near to Haymarket station, less than 5 mins walk. The walk to Princess St was about 15-20mins. Taxi from the premier inn to Holyrood was just under £6. The room was standard, clean and comfortable with the now usual bath towels only and you have to ask for hand towels. You only get 4 milk so if you like 2 each in your coffee ask for these, and your towels, at reception when you check in. My gripe about Premier Inn is if you ask for a twin room, one of you gets a double and one a small single bed..not very fair. We paid for breakfast which was fantastic, everything and anything so we filled up ready for a days sightseeing and shopping ahead. We ate at the George Hotels Tempus Bar,on George St, they do an early bird menu. Children are not allowed in the evening. Brilliant night, food was fab, wine not too pricey and there was live music on. On the second night we visited the Prince of India near the Premier Inn using a Tastecard...don't bother...it was awful, like a dodgy takeaway from the outside, my friend was ill all night...say no more! The staff at the Premier Inn are very obliging and ordered taxis for us, gave directions etc. The bar area is pleasant and friendly and I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Binsybobs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket. With regards to your Twin room, you are correct to say that within Premier Inn you receive a Double and a single, we believe this to be of a competitive benefit to our guests as the majority of twin rooms will often be two single beds.

In terms of towels, each room is set with Bath and hand towels, I'm sorry to hear that on this occassion you were missing a hand towel, I must apologise for this. Should you stay with us again, calling us from your room on 1234 will alert us to this and we will be more than happy to have the required hand towels delivered to you promptly.

Depending on the type of room that has been booked will determine how much tea, coffee, milk and sugar etc is placed in the room. For a double we set out enough for two cups of tea or coffee to begin with. This ensures that we are not over stocking rooms and helping to achieve our aims on environmental sustainability. As every guest is unique, we are always more than happy to have more tea, coffee. milk, sugar etc brought up to our guests upon request.

It's great to hear your reviews on the places you visitied during your stay, this will also help us going forward when recommending places to eat, it sounds like the George Hotels Tempus Bar is certainly a place we will be recommending!

I'm really happy to read about your experience with our staff and I will make sure to pass on your positive comments.

I hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the very near future.

Ayrshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights during Easter Break. Hotel was very busy especially at breakfast time, however the staff were excellent very friendly & welcoming. Manger was in the bar speaking to residents asking how there day was in the evening. Nice atmosphere amongst guests & staff.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Shazy47,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm delighted to see that you had such an excellent stay and that you found our staff excellent, friendly and welcoming. I'm particularly happy to hear of this as it certainly was extremely busy during your stay, it's great to read that even tho it was busy, our staff did not disappoint you.

It is always nice to read guests views on our staff and I will take great pleasure in passing your details on to the whole team.

We all look forward to seeing you again in the future,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Booked in for 2 nights , on the second morning went down fir breakfast & it was packed , got a table after a bit of a wait . My daughter ordered 2 boiled eggs to dip soldiers into But as she was eating the second one she stopped for a rest & the staff quickly took it away ..... Everyone was getting pushed out for the space , if you book breakfast get down there early

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Spicymum23,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm really sorry to read about your experience in our restaraunt during breakfast.

We endevour to make everyone's experience of our hotel as pleasant and comfortable as we possibly can, I must apologise to you and your daughter that we let you down in this regard and on this occassion.

If you would like to discuss your own experience a little further I would be more than happy to look into this incident. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel or through emailing me on teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com.

As I can see from your other markers, the rest of your stay with us was enjoyable.

Thank you for spending the time to review us and I hope to be given the opportunity to allow your daughter to eat both her eggs and soldiers on your next visit to Edinburgh!

Maynooth, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels in Edinburgh during the years and they all have been located near the royal mile. So I decided to stay in the Premier Inn Haymarket for a change.

The hotel is located a few minutes walk from Haymarket Train station, Metro, Bus stops and the Airport bus (Air link 100).
You are about 15 minutes walk from Princess street in one direction and 15/20 minutes to Edinburgh Castle and Royal Mile in the other direction.

Upon arrival I was greeted by 3 very friendly girls on reception, the girl who checked me in (name started with an S) was also helpful with a question I had about the location of a place I wanted to visit.

The room was of good size, clean and with all amenities in working order. The bathroom was also clean and adequate, the bed was very comfy and I got a great night sleep. Breakfast was good, a choice of hot food and continental, and plenty of it.

Everything was as I would have expected it to be. From check –in to check –out Staff in all areas were warm, friendly and helpful, and Make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear david c,

I'm very glad to hear that your stay with us was such a pleasure, especially the welcome you received from the girls on reception. Making sure that our guests receive a warm and genuine introduction to our hotel is a priority of all the staff on reception and I'm happy to see that we delivered this to you. I will pass on your comments regarding your check in experience to the girls, who I know will be chuffed to hear your comments.

I'm also heartened to hear that your room and staff experience throughout the hotel was a pleasure, please be assured that I will pass on your positive comments to all departments.

Thank you once again for your review and your recent visit. I hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back in the same way in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family and I have stayed in a lot of Premier Inn hotels and this one didn't disappoint, we arrived early but were told we could have our room at 2pm which was fine so off we went to explore Princes ST. a good 10 minute walk from hotel but very easy to get to , there is also a bus stop only down the street from hotel which we found very handy on rainy days, the buses are every 10 mins and we had a selection to choose from. £ 7.50 for a family day pass which we used to go Leith to see H.M.S Britannia, well worth a visit to and if you bring the map you are given at the hotel to help you get around Edinburgh, you will find a 10% discount voucher in it. we went back to hotel and our room was ready , (3rd floor family room 729) it was a nice big bright room ,there wasn't a great view but it was fine , the beds were spotless and very comfy , a double bed and a single , flat screen tv, a very powerful hairdryer and plenty of tea and coffee. We ate breakfast in the dining room which was very tasty , don't go at 9/9.30am unless you are prepared to queue along with all the other families who like us enjoy a good lie on in the mornings it can be rather busy and the selection of food a bit limited as most of the fruit and yogurts were gone at that stage , I am sure the staff re- stock but they didn't when we were there, we still enjoyed the cooked breakfast and croissants and it filled us up for the morning,its very good value as kids under 16yrs eat free well done Premier Inn. Taxi from the airport was 17pounds and there is a rank outside the hotel when your checking out, try the Haymarket pub just down the street for a lovely evening meal 9pounds specials with a beer or soft drink,pret a manger 5min walk for sandwiches, breakfast ect, lots of shops in Haymarket , a nice little area and very safe. We would definetly recommend Premier INN Haymarket,we got a fantastic deal on the internet and will certainly return again. I hope you found this review helpful

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very quiet ,nice and bright and airy.
1 Thank cailin50
Dear dorothy21,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed review of your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm so pleased that your time in Edinburgh was so enjoyable, especially your visit to Britannia. We try and highlight as many of the offers that are available on our maps at reception when we give out advise on what to do with your time in Edinburgh and I am glad to see you took advantage of the 10% discount they offer for Britannia.

I'm sorry to hear that our selection of fruit and yogurts were running low when you went upto the breakfast area, we constantly refill our stands to make sure we deliver what we offer. Should you come across this in the future, please do not hesitate to grab one of us and we will be more than happy to restock asap. I'm glad your breakfast as a whole was so pleasant.

I would like to make one note regarding taxi's outside of our hotel. Most taxi's that park outside are already booked for other people, I would always advise that should anyone require a taxi, they let us know at reception and we will be more than happy to have one booked for you. They usually only take 2-5 minutes to arrive.

Thank you once again for such a lovely review, we found it very helpful as feedback and I really look forward to welcoming you back soon.