“Good value and recommended hotel”

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (Haymarket)
Ranked #93 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Good value and recommended hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Good value and recommended hotel

We stayed here for two days over Easter.
Up to the usual Premier Inn standard (they have really improved over the last few years).
Bedroom good space and useful have a second sofa bed to use to sit on. Very clean.
Only slight niggle was room temperature couldn’t be altered – appeared to have been set
Staff very helpful and friendly
Had dinner here one evening – up to reasonable standard
Breakfast was fine but area needs to be increased and serving area quite small

2-3 minutes from Haymarket station, Airport 100 bus stops and future tram stop
10 mins walk from tourist buses stops and west end of Princess St and gardens

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (Haymarket), responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear TPC1301,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

It's great to see that you had such a good time with us during the Easter weekend. With regards to the heating in the rooms, the arrows on the control panel will cool or heat the room. The control panel, once touched will show you the temperature you desire and then return straight back to the current temperature and will gradually change to the temperature you requested.

If you have an issue with this in the future, simply give us a call from your room and we will be more than happy to come up and set it at a temperature most comfortable to your needs.

Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reception Shift Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The staff were brilliant ,they could not have been more helpful , rooms very clean, breakfast good choice and tasteful ,facility to leave your suitcases on Check out day, the only draw back it is about a 20 minute Walk to City Centre

Dear Andrea J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm delighted to read that our staff made such a positive impact on your stay and that our breakfasts are full of variety and tasty. I will be delighted to pass on your comments to all the staff from the kitchen to housekeeping.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

First time staying at a Premier Inn. In hindsight, was expensive at 110 pounds per night.. Other than the price everything was good. Clean room, peaceful sleep, helpful staff, great buffet. Also a good location. Not a lot of character but got the job done in a capital city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (Haymarket), responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Pat C,

I'm really pleased to read that you found your room and that we were able to deliver a great nights sleep. I'm glad you considered our buffet to be great, it's a great way for our guests to kickstart their day in Edinburgh and it's nice to see you took advantage of that.

I shall ensure that your comments regarding our helpful staff is passed on to the rest of the team, Thank you.

In regards to price, this can vary dramatically on a number of factors i.e. time of year, demand for the hotel, local events etc however, there are many ways to get the right price and deal for yourself.

We encourage all of our guests to book online at premierinn.com, this is usually where you will find some cracking deals and is always one of the cheapest ways to book.

Booking in advance will also decrease the price you pay and we offer what is known as a Premier Saver rate that is Pre-pay, no amends or refunds, many guest take advantage of this offer as it can have a significant discount on our Premier Flexible rate which allows you to amend up to 1pm on arrival day.

We also have a newsletter which helps you get the inside track and be one of the first to know about room sales, news and more. You can find out more by visiting premierinn.com and click on deals, then offers.

If you would like to find out more ways in which we can help you find the best rates, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel or via email at teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel was friendly and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, well cooked and plentiful. The staff went out of their way to assist us. It is in a very central position, Close to bus routes and station (Haymarket)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ann-marie B,

I'm pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and friendly and that our breakfast was very good.

We love to hear feedback positive and negative, but we really appreciate it hen guests take the time to acknowledge our staff. I am delighted that you found them friendly and that they appeared to go out of their way to be as much help as possible. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to all of our team as I know they will love to hear they made such a positive impact on your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for giving us your feedback.

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here just the one night to break a journey home from the Highlands. I wasn't sure about the Edinburgh location, when I booked, but it turned out to be really good. It was about 10 minutes walk into the main town but the selection of bars and restaurants in the immediate locality was really good and we spent our evening near by, I've always found Premier Inn to offer a good and consistent standard and this was no exception, The staff were all very kind and friendly. The on site parking was limited but good for us as we checked in at 2.00 and there was loads of room and excellent value at £8.00 for 24 hours. Prices at Premier Inn vary a lot but my night at £35 was a great find and unbeatable value. The only breakfast option was the 'all you can eat' £8.50. Fine if you are hungry but I would have preferred a lighter, cheaper option. All in all though, its a good place to stay and I'm likely to return on another trip to Edinburgh.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear NTRCBC,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

Location is one of the great reasons why so many people chose to stay with us and I'm pleased to hear that it was ideal for your stay in Edinburgh. I'd be interested to know which bars and restaurants you used so we can add this to our recommendations to future guests.

I'm delighted you found all our staff so kind and friendly and that our parking policy is deemed excellent, we endeavor to make sure there is always space for our guests vs. local residents.

I'm really sorry that you've been led to believe our only breakfast option is the Premier Breakfast. This is not the case and we inform our guests at check in and via the menus in all our rooms of the options available. On this occasion we seem to have let you down and I am sorry about that.

Aside from the all you can eat Premier Breakfast which includes cooked food we also offer an all you can eat Continental Breakfast at £6.25.

Many of our guests are unable to stay for breakfast due to their travel plans and in this case we offer what is called a grab and go where guests can inform reception the day before about what they would like to eat and our kitchen prepares this so that they don't miss out on the most important meal of the day, simply because breakfast isn't open at 4 or 5 in the morning.

I'd very much like the opportunity to discuss your stay with us further and would invite you to contact me via email at teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com

Once again I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us your review and I look forward to welcoming you back either to or from your travels in the Highlands.

King Regards,

Torre del Lago Puccini, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

As one of a group of 5 friends, I spent one night in this Premier Inn. I had booked in advance three rooms, dinner and breakfast. When we arrived, we were given the warmest welcome and all our bookings were ready to pick up. The staff were friendly and helpful, giving us all the information we needed.
The rooms were large, clean and quiet, with very comfortable beds! The bathrooms were spotlessly clean. The dinner was good and served by friendly staff. The breakfast was great! Very good value for the money.
The only thing I wasn't too pleased about, was the factyou had to pay for the parking, none of the other Premier Inn's we stayed at had parking fees.

Dear renzoliv,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review of your recent stay with us. Here at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket our staff are our greatest asset and I'm delighted that you found them to be so friendly, helpful and informative and that our receptionists were so warm on your arrival.

I'm very pleased you found our rooms large, clean, quiet and most of all comfortable, especially the spotless bathroom. I shall pass your comments on to our housekeeping team who will be happy to know you enjoyed your stay.

In terms of parking, I have responded to this in the comment below your own and the offer to contact me is also open to yourself regarding this issue. If we were to allow free parking as the only Premier Inn in the hart of the Edinburgh with a car park, there would be no parking facilities available to any of our guests at any time of the year. Prices are high and space is limited throughout the city, our car park would be overflowing with residents and local businesses 24 hours a day. We curtail this problem by charging a minimal £8 for 24 hour use which has been effective in making sure our parking facilities are available to all of our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Viareggio, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Good location, friendly, competent staff, good size bed room with very comfortable beds and spotless bathroom. The breakfast was fantastic! Only one complaint, you have to pay for the parking. We stayed at 3 Premier Inn's in Scotland and this was the only one where we had to pay for the parking.

Dear Linda L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and competent, I shall pass your comments on to all the team, thank you.

I'll also pass on your comments regarding the spotless bathroom to our housekeeping staff who love to hear that their efforts make such a positive impact on our guests stay. I'm pleased to hear that your breakfast was fantastic, there is a lot of variety and the perfect way to kickstart your day.

In terms of parking, this will vary from city to city, Premier Inn to Premier Inn. We are the only Premier Inn in the heart of the city centre that can and does offer parking facilities of our own. Edinburgh is an extremely expensive city to park in and spaces throughout the city are becoming increasingly more limited.

To ensure that all our guests have the best opportunity to park at the hotel we need to discourage local residents from using this facility. If our car park was free of charge, there would be no space for our guests at anytime of the year, this is why we have the minimal charge of £8 for continuous 24 hour parking.

If you'd like to discuss this further or to find out any more information regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel or via email: teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com

Once again I'd like to thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.