Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
US$238
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$167
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$245
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$142
  • Pool
US$224
US$210
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$131
US$125
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$154
3,113 results
All reviewspremier innhaymarket stationcity centreprinces streetminute walkbudget hoteltram stopgood nights sleepreception stafffamily roomnight's sleepnight stayshort breakcomfy bedroyal milecooked breakfastinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed on a business trip - nice hotel, clean and with good service. Breakfast was very good, hotel was very quiet and centrally located - very convenient for buses to my meeting location. No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear KevDln,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm please that we met all your needs and hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed one night and unfortunately not much sleep as fire alarm went off at 3am. The whole hotel emptied into the car park in the rain. However the staff were very good and couldn't be more helpful. The bed unfortunately was not as comfy as the advertisements would have you believe.The breakfast was excellent but overall I felt it was a bit expensive for what we got.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear West_Coast5,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us over the weekend.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise that we unfortunately had to evacuate the hotel during your stay. The alarm was not planned.

No matter the time of day we have procedures in place to ensure the safety of all our guests and I'm delighted to read that the staff on this occasion were very helpful.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find your bed as comfortable as you would have liked. Every Premier Inn in the UK and Ireland offers a good night guarantee, if you are not completely satisfied with your stay or were unable to have a good nights sleep I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further.

We are also on hand 24 hours a day to help with situations such as uncomfortable bedding etc and would be more than happy to transfer you to a new room in the future.

If you would like to get in touch, please email me at teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all our guests feedback seriously and reviews such as this help us to provide the best possible service.

We hope that the fire alarm didn't put you off staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Close enough to the city centre.
Inexpensive and with a reasonable breakfast and dinner offer.
At the bar, it's a pity that the coffee is "automated" instead of a proper "barista" one.
Friendly staff and standard rooms, with great mattresses as expected in a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear NunoGalway,

I'm glad that you took full advantage of our location and our Meal Deal offer within our Thyme restaurant.

Our state-of-the-art Costa machines use precision grinding, tamping, temperature and perfectly steamed milk, to provide a, quality cup of Costa coffee every time and I hope that the taste of your coffee was not affected by our lack of a Costa store barista machine.

Should you desire a more hands on approach to your coffee in the future, please do not hesitate to ask our staff who will endeavor to give you the coffee that best suits your needs.

Thank you once again for your review and feedback, we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just stayed for one night. Hotel is in a perfect location literally a 2 minute walk from Haymarket station and about 15 minutes to Princess Street. Staff very friendly. Bar area quite big. Got a deal on food..3 course dinner plus drinks plus breakfast the next day for £22.99. Food was okay. Rooms clean but didnt find the bed as comfy as other premier inn's i've stayed in before. Was also really hot in the room and corridors.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Natalie B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you found our location great, it is one of the most popular reasons why people choose to stay with us along with our staff, which I am glad you also found positive.

I'm glad you pointed out our Meal Deal offer which anyone can buy at reception or the restaurant and can save our guests some money.

I'm sorry that you found your bed to be less comfortable than in other Premier Inn's you have stayed in and that your room was an uncomfortable temperature.

Every Premier Inn throughout the UK and Ireland offers a good night guarantee where we guarantee that you will have a great nights sleep or your money back. I would love the opportunity to talk to you about this in relation to your recent stay and would encourage you to get in touch with me at teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is really important to us and helps us deliver great service every time to every guest.

We really do hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Good value - and we would stay again. Friendly and helpful staff. Heated towel rail did not work - upon reporting this I was told many of them didn't work - so no hot towels then, despite warning sign that rails got very hot! Ha ha! Confusing WiFi policy - even the staff admitted this - conflicting advice. Excellent breakfast once you had queued for some while and had a table allocation, was like a cattle market - system needs revising. The staff work very hard to please. Had dinner one evening and it was very good. Definitely worth 4 stars rating. More organised breakfast facility and attention to a few details would have made it a 5 star

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a heated towel rail
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear UkBonViveur,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate all the feedback we receive and often implement the advice that guests give us.

I am very interested to note that you were given the advice that many of our Heating Rails are not working, I can confirm that this is not the case and I apologise that you were given this information.

At reception, we ensure that all our staff are fully trained and equipped to deliver the correct and most up to date information regarding the various facilities we offer in the hotel, this includes wifi. I'm disappointed to hear that you were given conflicting information and that it was confusing.

I really would like to hear more regarding the service you received on this occasion and would invite you to contact me at the hotel or via email on teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com

I'm delighted to hear that you will stay with us again and I hope that the wifi information in the future will be less conflicting.