“Good for parking”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #97 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed over a two night break. Decided to stay at this one because of its parking facilities. Parking is very useful - £8 per 24 hours, although still expensive, you won't find cheaper in the centre of Edinburgh; car park wasn't secure as members of public would still be able to get in easily but there is CCTV cameras. If you're a keen walker and want to explore more of Edinburgh then it's in a ideal location.

I got put into a room on the same side as a busy main road, so vehicles engines and horns were very audible. Guests TV's downstairs were also very audible so indicates to me that floorboards of walls are very thin. Room was very basic for the price I paid (£68 per night), stayed in other premier inns for £25 for a room twice the size of that.

If you're travelling by other means than car and you want to stay at premier inn I would advise staying at the others ones in centre as prices do not vary that much and they look better maintained and the hotel isn't in the nicest part of town.

However, overall I still thoroughly enjoyed my trip.

1  Thank David R
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear David R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm pleased you were able to take full advantage of our on site car parking facilities, which you highlight as being one of the cheapest in the city. Although the public, as with the majority of car parks in Edinburgh are able to walk into the car park, there are no through roads nor paths that would directly invite members of the public to walk through.

We have over 10 CCTV camera's with a direct link to our office that monitor the activity of our parking facilities and have staff in and around this area all day. With these measures in place our parking facilities are one of the most secure in the Edinburgh City Centre area.

With 282 rooms at Edinburgh Haymarket there are a variety of sizes our guests can choose from. Many guests arrive at our hotel and would prefer a larger room. When we are not fully booked, we are more than happy to move people to bigger or smaller rooms dependent on their needs and requirements. Please do not hesitate to ask at reception in the future should you wish to have a larger room.

All of our rooms are en-suite with bathroom and shower facilities along with heated towel rails in the bathroom. Each room is equipped with hair dryers, Flat screen televisions, telephones and tea/coffee making facilities. We also offer Irons and Ironing boards should guests require this. If you have ideas on how we can improve the basic provisions we provide please do not hesitate to contact me on teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com we take all feedback very seriously and try to enhance the experience we provide our guests wherever we can.

In terms of our location, Haymarket is an historic part of town with many hidden gems from the famous 1914 war memorial clock to the listed Victorian buildings and colony houses that attract a lot of attention and remarks from locals and tourists alike.

We are the most central of all Edinburgh Premier Inn's for people looking to take full advantage of Edinburgh as a whole with Murrayfield, Tynecastle and the Zoo to our west. Princes Street, Royal Mile, Parliament, Holyrood Palace and Castle to our East. Botanic Gardens and Royal Yacht Britannia to our south. We are also a 10 minute walk to the Scottish Museum of Modern Art and the Dean Gallery to our North.

I'm really pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your trip and I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

arrived at 6 ish pm , very busy at reception, but the quickly moved and the staff were very efficient polite and curtious.did not get the deal we wanted on the internet, they would not match that.but overall very clean room.car park at the back was reasonable would go back but would book on internet first for a deal....good location to all the shops and castle..mr alex

Room Tip: all rooms are in gr8 positions..they are all quiet..
1  Thank alex r

Dear alex r,

Thank you for your comments regarding the team, I shall make sure that they are passed on.

I'm sorry that we were unable to match the prices that you were given online. We always advise that checking premierinn.com for saver rates and deals is the best way to ensure the best possible price for your room. I'm please to see that you will be taking full advantage of our award winning website and booking system for your stay with us in the future.

If you would like to find out the various ways in which booking online can benefit you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitbread.com

Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Usual high standard of everything from premier inn,also only a 10 minute walk from princes street and or the castle.The parking may be limited but at only £8 per day a bargain and it is secure. The staff here were the friendliest people we met in Edinburgh.

Dear fatbobHarrogate,

I'm pleased you found our location and parking ideal for your needs and that we have lived up to the Premier Inn standard you are used to.

I'm delighted that our staff were so friendly and that they had such a positive impact on your stay, I shall make sure your comments are passed on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Having stayed in Premier Inns across the UK, the rooms in the hotel, especially the bathrooms are getting a bit jaded. It is clean and the breakfast is really good with plenty of choice and friendly staff but some areas could do with a refurb. The staff are all helpful and local to Edinburgh We also ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was ok too.
Only one gripe and that was more to do with other guests (yes on a Tuesday night too!!) who made a racket at 2.00am disturbing the whole corridor. i told the receptionist after breakfast and she deducted one night from the bill. However, I have previously stayed in this hotel on a busy weekend and never experienced any issues.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Cheech2014,

I'm really pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast options and you found our staff to be friendly an helpful.

Should you ever have any issues regarding noise at anytime of the night in the future, please do not hesitate to call reception. We are on hand 24/7 to ensure you have a great nights sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here over the May Day weekend, staff friendly, rooms what you would expect from Premier Inn and all was well until some idiot let off a fire extinguisher and set fire alarms off at 3am so everyone was evacuated on a Saturday night. The hotel were good to their 'good night guarantee' however and refunded us the nights stay without quibble the next morning, because of this we will continue to use Premier Inns as the guarantee is nice, but I would rather the type of persons staying here that are likely to annoy other residents were turned away in the first place. Sadly Edinburgh seems to be plagued with noisy and offensive stag and hen parties that even get to the out lying hotels. I would return, but probably mid week next time. I recommend the Zoo and Castle to visit, leave about 4 hours for each. Hotel is convenient for 100 air link bus from the Airport and only a 15-20 minute walk to the town centre

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fluffyskulls
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear fluffyskulls,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We really appreciate all the feedback our guests give and it helps us to deliver great customer service in the future.

I'm sorry that your stay was interrupted by the fire alarm at the weekend. Regardless of the cause, it is important that the staff ensure the safety of our guests.

Like any major European capital city, Edinburgh has a rich, diverse and multicultural workforce and clientele. We are uniquely placed to understand that you cannot judge a book by its cover and as such focus on giving each guest the best possible experience. Because of this, we would never turn guests away from checking in unless they were showing signs of violence and or aggression towards staff or other guests. When a situation shows signs of disrupting other guests our staff are trained to handle this and I hope this showed during our recent evacuation.

I'm really very pleased to see that you are happy to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, mid week.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Location was perfect.This hotel is perfect if visiting Edinburgh and wanting to be in the heart of it.

Lenny Henry must have got the comfy bed as we certainly didn't get the "hypnose 1000 springs" as advertised.
Fire alarm going off didn't help at 3am but not hotels fault.

Great staff and yummy breakfast.

Would stay here again.

Dear Caroline B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, it is one of the major assets that guests comment highly upon and I'm glad this was the case for you.

With over 50,000 rooms throughout the UK and Ireland, the majority of Premier Inn's now have a full compliment of Hypnos beds, with all new sites opening with them as standard. Haymarket has been in operation for over 16 years and as such our installation of Hypnos beds are being introduced in phases.

I'm sorry that your stay was interrupted by the fire alarm at the weekend. I'm really please you found our staff great and that we have our guests safety at heart when evacuating the hotel. I shall pass your comments regarding the yummy breakfast on to our kitchen crew who will be happy to hear you enjoyed it.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed on a business trip - nice hotel, clean and with good service. Breakfast was very good, hotel was very quiet and centrally located - very convenient for buses to my meeting location. No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear KevDln,

I'm please that we met all your needs and hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Best Regards,