“Staff very helpful & friendly”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #95 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room for 3 nights and found the hotel clean, comfortable with the staff always welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was good with loads of choice, the bar was a good retreat after a long day sightseeing. Even the kids were allowed in too. Anything we needed staff sorted and were very knowledgable when we needed bus info. All round superb stay.

Stayed: May 2014
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear 74hopey,

Thank you for such a nice review of your recent stay with us at the Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so welcoming and that we all had such a positive impact on your stay. I will be sure to pass on all your great comments to the rest of the team.

I'm really pleased that you also found our rooms be clean and comfortable and that our restaurant and bar were just what you were looking for. Again I shall pass your comments on to the kitchen team who will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food and the selection on offer.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to give us your review and I look forward to welcoming you an your family back in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room quality is very nice, wide enough, very clean room, big bed. It was very comfortable stay.
The location is good, but not perfect. You need to use bus to the center of city, though the bus stop is just in front of hotel.
Breakfast is good, the variety of food is many.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear KEI T,

Thank you for taking the time to review the stay you had with us in September of last year here at the Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm really pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you found found our location to be suitable for your needs.

I would however like to update you on the recent changes that have taken place since your stay with us back in September. The bus stop directly outside of the hotel was only due to road works on the main road at the bottom of our street. Since those roadworks have been completed, the street outside has become a secondary road once again.

I would like to announce however that along with the buses, we now have a tram stop aswell which means there are even more transport links in and out of the city centre.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us last year and we look forward to welcoming you back this year.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Me and my family booked this hotel as my daughter was goint to a concert. The hotel was very close to Haymarket Station and close the the venue as well. I was also how close it was to the city centre also.

We arrived at the hotel a little early and the staff were very polite and welcoming. We told them we had a room booked and that we wer a little early to check-in. The Reception Assistant said that our room could be ready, so she checked and it was so we got checked-in early, so that was a bonus. The room itself was very spacious and bright, the beds were what you expect from the Premier Inn. The bathroom was a good size as well. We could't fault it one bit.
Once we had settled in we decided to have a wonder about and to see where the concert was goind to be held, it was only a 15 minute walk fronm the hotel which was an added bonus and i never realised how close it was to the city centre too.
After having a wonder we came back to the hotel to get ready for the concert and decided to have our Tea in the hotel. We arrived at the resturant and were greeted by a waiteress that showed us to our table. The food was excellent but my only gripe was the staff at the resturant ther had the most grumpy faces on not very welcoming or excitable!! The all looked like the had a chip on there shoulder and couldn't wait for us to leave!
In the morning we had Breakfast which was great everything was well presented and well cooked and the staff were very plesant and welcoming. All the food looked fress and the pastries were still warm as the make everything inhouse.
We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Richie M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I am delighted that you found our rooms and location to be an ideal setting during your trip to Edinburgh for a concert, which I hope you enjoyed. I'm pleased that you found our rooms spacious and bright with comfortable beds, I shall be sure to pass your comments on to our Housekeeping team who will be thrilled they had such a positive impact on your visit.

I'm sorry to hear about the service you experienced at dinner. Making each of our guests feel welcome wherever they are in the hotel is one of our main priorities and I shall make sure to investigate this matter fully, although I can assure you that it would not have been their intention to make you feel unwelcome.

I'm really pleased that you found our staff welcoming and food pleasant during breakfast. Our kitchen team always ensure that there is a variety of foods available and always freshly baked so that you can have the perfect start to your day and I am glad you took full advantage of this.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we really look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were slightly worried about the distance from the centre of Edinburgh but soon found it was only about a 10 minute walk to the castle. The reception staff pointed us in the direction of a bus stop which took us directly to Britannia without changing buses. Haymarket station is only a short walk were you can catch a bus to the zoo.
There was a slight issue whilst we were there, there was a problem with a water leak in the breakfast room. We highlighted this to the bar staff and they dealt with the problem very quickly.
Breakfast was great so would recommend if staying.
Luggage room available which is good as we arrived before check in, so left the bags and returned later in the day.
Staff were friendly and we really enjoyed our stay. Would stay again if we return to Edinburgh

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear jack0409,

Thank you very much for not only taking the time to write a review of your stay with us but also for notifying us so quickly to the leak that we had during the week.

Many people worry that the distance of the hotel from the city centre may be further away than it actually is and I am pleased that you found nothing to worry about when you actually arrived.

I am delighted that you found our Premier Breakfast great! It is the most important meal of the day and our kitchen staff pride themselves on delivering various options for our guests to kick start their day in Edinburgh. I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team who will be delighted to hear they had such a positive impact on your stay,

I'm really pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and that you took full advantage of our luggage service. We realise that our guests time away can be limited and every minute should be used to enjoy your stay in Edinburgh rather than carting your luggage all over the city.

Thank you so much again for your review and we really look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have spent two nights in this hotel. It is comfortable, quiet and well maintained. Big attention is paid to sleep quality. Set of two slightly different pillows are available for a guest, to fit personal needs. Automatic heating system allows you enjoy rainy evenings having cup of tea and watching TV.
Full breakfast is served for nearly 9£ per person and is worth that money.
Wifi is available in rooms. First half of hour is free, then you can have it for 3£ per day.
Several meeting rooms are ready for business travelers.

It is easy to reach the hotel from the airport – Airlink bus stop is in 350 m away. By the way, Airlink buses has free Wifi onboard.

Overall:
Good choice for visiting Edinburgh as a tourist – historic city center is in 15-20 minutes walk.
And good choice for business stay.

Enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear superglue777,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I'm pleased that you found your room to be comfortable, quiet and well maintained. Our housekeeping team take great pride in ensuring that your room meets the high standards that our guests expect. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them as they will be delighted to hear they had such a positive impact on your stay.

I'm also glad that you found our attention to detail with the different types of pillows available to your liking. Our all you can eat Premier Breakfast is always such a big with our guests and I am delighted to read that you took full advantage of this whilst you stayed with us.

As with many of our other guests and I am pleased you also found our location to be ideal during your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just got back from our weekend in Edinburgh where it rained and rained. We have stayed at this hotel time and time again and have always found the staff very helpful and hotel clean. The hotel its self is now getting to look dated and tired which could do with a overhaul but always found the rooms clean. staff are always helpful in wanting to make sure your stay here is enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear andrea h,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

It's great to read that you visit us often and that on every occasion you find our rooms and hotel clean and our staff so helpful. I hope the rain didn't dampen your spirits too much as it felt like a monsoon rather than ordinary Scottish drizzle.

We really look forward to welcoming you back many more times in the fture and would like to thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We went with our ten month old baby mid week and fell asleep at eight pm. We were woken up by children screaming and running along corridors til 1130. The staff asked them to keep quiet but they didn't. Our room was right by lifts and heavy fire doors which kept slamming. The bed was rock solid. We slept a total of five hours all broken sleep. Thankfully our baby slept all night. We were offered a full refund as the staff agreed there was tooth noise.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Tonyacook1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us this week.

I am sorry to hear about the noise levels you experienced during your stay and that our beds on this occasions did not meet with your expectations.

It is extremely important to us that our guests get a great nights sleep and I am pleased to see that you were refunded as per our guarantee.

This time of year is very busy and we have lots of different groups, couples, business guests staying with us. Where possible we en devour to ensure that guests with small children are as far away from groups as possible, unfortunately this is not always possible when people check in later on in the day and the availability of rooms becomes very limited as was the case during your stay as we were fully booked.

I have fully investigated the issues you raised and will be taking measures to ensure that groups adhere to the policies we have in place regarding noise in the future. If you would like to know more about my investigation, please do not hesitate to contact me on teamleader.edinburghhaymarket@whitebread.com

Once again I'd like to Thank you for your review and Thank you for staying with us.