“revolting: a scam”

Description: http://www.list.co.uk/place/104042-hong-fu-noodle/
Nezignan l'Eveque, France
“revolting: a scam”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Food came quickly enough, Unidentifiable mush presented as noodles. Whole joint looking like a very tired student flat albeit with nice window view.Revolting food and outrageously overpriced. Only fit for animals.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Trades description act would have a ball! ”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Our 5 day trip was so well planned in terms of food and timings but we dropped the ball a little with this place. After a few drinks out we got very peckish around 11pm and was too late to get a table anywhere so decided on this dive as it was so close to our hotel a few doors up. After creeping up the dirty staircase we saw some people ordering food and the two girls working there said we could order take out only, which was fine!
The menu is very overpriced, not necessarily for good Chinese food but for whatever these guys decide to serve you it is. We ordered crispy shredded beef in a chilli sauce and egg fried rice (nearly £9!)While we were waiting for our grub a chinese bloke wandered in, half asleep and after a brief chat in their native language seemed to make his way into the kitchen... it was almost as if they were closed but rang this chap up to come and rustle up some food while they had a rush on and a chance to make some money off some drunk people (we were not drunk though). Our food came quickly enough and smelt nice on the brief walk to our hotel room. When we opened it up though it was not crispy, it hopefully was beef, it most certainly was not in any kind of sauce and the rice was regular boiled rice with some oil and 3 or 4 peas thrown in. Despite it not being anything like what we ordered or expected and being a little greasy it was actually incredibly tasty and really hit that dirty late night snack spot you crave after a couple of beers... I'm sorry to say that despite the whole farcical experience, unprofessional atmosphere, grotty worn down looking place it was actually a nice meal. Maybe I was a bit drunk?!? I won't go back here again and I would recommend nobody else does either...

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID AT ALL COST”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is by far the worst Chinese restaurant I have ever been to. My friend and her niece decided to try this place out as we were passing and thought it looked quite nice (from the outside). As it was a late lunch early tea we decided to go for the set meal starter and main course for £8.99. I ordered the shredded chicken to start and the pineapple fried rice for main. The shredded chicken consisted of two miniscule pieces of mashed up chicken wrapped in what looked like a spring roll with a splash of balsamic vinegar. The rice dish quickly followed while i was still eating the starter, so must have been about 2 minutes!!! Very bland almost like a packet of microwave rice, boiled, a few pieces of pineapple and some frozen peas chucked in. My friends niece ordered the same as me and my friend ordered hot and spicy soup and chicken curry. The soup was lovely but the the chicken curry was awful, it was bright yellow in colour and definitely out of a packet, chicken was that awful (no pun intended) shaped meat and a few onions chucked in for good measure.

The restaurant itself was very run down, in need of a good clean and a new carpet. I would not recommend this restaurant to my worst enemy. AVOID AT ALL COST.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Nicola B
Inverness, United Kingdom
“No rating of the scale”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I can't rate this so callred restaurant .I should have went with my first instinct when I walked through the front door it was so grotty . My friend insisted we should give it a try things could only get better but no they didn't. We ordered pineapple fried rice which appeared within five minutes consisted of a plate of stodge, boiled rice with some bits of egg , pieces of chicken, chunks of pineapples obviously out of a can and a few peas thrown in. Diet coke ( watered down) It was totally tasteless and I could only pick at it maybe four mouthfuls .
I used their toilets and my God I don't know how that place is still open and in the middle of Edinburgh not even up a back street.
When we came to pay we were told there was a service charge added ...what a cheek they should have paid us to ever cross there threshold .
This is the worst restaurant? ,and food I have ever experienced and felt I had to wipe my feet before left the premises .
Im embarrassed to think this is what our capital city offers

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Isobel B
scotland
“shocking”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

hi,i am 63 years of age,i have eaten chinese food or the wests version of chinese food for about 45 years.i bought a sechwan chicken and fried rice to take away from this place.when i got back to the hotel i was staying at ,almost next door ,i opened the so called fried rice first.first it was not fried rice,it was boiled rice with bits of egg roughly through it ,next i opened the chicken sechwan ,know i know that in this so called moderen world food safety dictates that restuarents tend to use bought in shaped meats,and dont ,say cook hole chickens and then dissect them ,but how and where this chinese got there chicken from i dont know.there was not one peice of chicken larger than the size of my little finger nail,and believe me i checked.the so called sechwan dish was full of dried black chillies,that you could not break down with your teeth and i have sharp teeth,and there was no sechwan pepper corn in this dish at all .now i know that every restuarent will argue that that is the way they cook there style of particular dish ,but what is the point of having chicken in this dish if you dont even know it is chicken .last but by now means least,the price £11.80 ??? i really would recommend that if you are staying in the hotel next door to this restuarent and you fancy a takeaway go to the shop next door a buy some pot noodles,and i am not a lover of these

Visited November 2013