“Better sitting at home” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hongfu Noodle Bar
Ranked #1,841 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: http://www.list.co.uk/place/104042-hong-fu-noodle/
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better sitting at home”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is the second time I have been to this restaurant. I have given them a second chance, and the experience has actually worsened. The service is horrendous. We were not seated, and upon sitting at the table it felt as if we were not wanted. And when asked ready to order they completely ignored our request. It was not even busy. Around 3 tables. I myself have held waitering jobs and know what its like, however there is actually no excuse to give this type of service, especially in a quiet environment. Rude. Incompetent. Unwelcoming. We left and could easily see our time in there is definitely not worth the price of the menu.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alan C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kenai, Alaska
“Authentic Northern Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I found an ad for this place on the map for the bus tour and we made our way here for a late lunch. After living in northern China I've been disappointed by a lot of restaurants claiming to be authentic. Not so with Hongfu Noodle Bar. The shredded sour potatoes are exactly as I remember from Shandong Province. The dumplings and Noodles were absolutely wonderful. We would have eaten here more had we been in Edinburgh longer. The prices are excellent and service is very good.

I highly recommend Hongfu for a bit of authentic northern Chinese noodles and dumplings.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JabbasaurusRex
London, United Kingdom
“Little different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited here during the week, . I go back on a weekend to see if it's any different.
The food was lovely, very tasty slightly different from last time. Waitress told the chef was changed.
Service was fast but not being rushed. All in all a nice place, good holiday

• Visited April 2014
edinburgh
“Authentic Chinese , always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We've been here 5 or 6 times. Always good. We order from the Chinese menu with the pictures. A huge load of variety to choose from. I've never been disappointed. It can get busy at times but they will do their best to find a table for you, and service can be slow when busy, but that's to be expected. Last time we went we had to wait for about 20 minutes so we went to the drinkers bar downstairs and they called us when the table was ready, and they let us bring our drinks upstairs from the bar. The decor is quirky, but that adds to the charm. It's a no frills place serving real Chinese food at a reasonable cost. I recommend it to anyone who likes authentic Chinese.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank rebusreader1977
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“an available table on Mothers Day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everywhere else I tried was full but then it was Mothers Day and I was wandering and trying places on spec........ the noodle bar provided me with lots of food on the set menu. It was ok but not great. I wish I had been a bit more adventurous in my choices and gone with the a la carte menu.

Visited March 2014