Fountain Court - Stewart Apartments
Rabble Rooms(Edinburgh)
  • Breakfast included
    • Pool
    View Hotel
    All reviewsoxford bargeorge streetcar liftwashing machinegreat locationunderground parkingseparate bedroomrose streetgreat apartmentminute walkserviced apartmentquiet streetcentral locationwell equipped kitchenbars and restaurantsliving areaper day
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed in a superior apartment for 2 nights over New Year. The location is excellent, just a short walk to Princes Street and just behind George Street with lots of bars and places to eat.
    The apartment was spotlessly clean, very modern and has some nice little extras like Blu-ray and surround sound, along with everything else you would expect. These are self catering apartments so you have a fridge to store your own drinks, snacks etc and cooker for breakfast and meals which is very convenient if you don't want to go out.
    The apartment was very spacious. There was just my partner and I, however there would be plenty of room for a child too with travel cot, buggy etc.
    Our apartment was at the back of the property and whilst there was no noise at all from other guests and neighboring rooms there was some noise early in the mornings from the streets below. I guess this can be expected at busy times such as New Year though and was fine with ear plugs (plus I'm a very light sleeper with sensitive ears!).
    There is on site parking too at a reasonable cost however the car park was closed due to technical problems. I was contacted in advance and advised we could use the Grove Street car park which was a 10-15 minute walk. In reality it was more like 25 mins walk which was a little disappointing, however the parking itself was fine and we appreciated the prior warning!
    We paid a bit more than I'd usually be prepared to with it being New Year, however these apartments do have some really good prices and deals at other times. I would definitely stay here again if we visit Edinburgh again in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Excellent reflection on these apartments from Trip Adviser members, as usual. These apartments are decorated to a very high standard with super facilities and two of Edinburgh`s best traditional pubs either side. I thought that the noise from the Oxford & Cambridge bars might be a problem but it wasn`t. Serviced apartments seem to be all the rage at the moment and I can see why if Fountain Court, Stewart is anything to go by. Reception service was very good and yet not at all intrusive - in fact we didn`t come across anyone else during our four day stay. The only reasons that I haven`t scored a five is that the bedroom in our apartment was a bit on the small side and, despite not being deeply troubled by traffic noise personally, I could tell at certain times of the night and early morning why guests might be disturbed. I imagine that the front ground-floor bedrooms would be difficult in this respect so, taking into account previous reviews, I e-mailed and requested a quieter apartment and they duly obliged with a first-floor option. All in all, superbly convenient and extremly comfortable.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

This is our first visit to Stewart Apartments and we knew it was in a fabulous location on Young Street. Checking in was a straightforward procedure and did not come with the usual fuss normally associated with staying in apartments, so we were given our keys and away we went. However, slightly disappointed that we did not received the usual 'we have given you a free upgrade' conversation... We had upgraded anyway to a superior apartment which was bigger, on the 1st floor with views out over Young Street and the cobbles. Very nice contempory decoration with everything you could wish for in a mini-break, including a washer/dryer, dishwasher etc. No welcome basket but tea/coffee/sugar and milk in plentiful supply. It was rather warm and we could only assume that the heat was coming from the aparments below as we turned the radiators off and slept with the window open - in December, with cobbles for a road surface!!! However, did not detract from the overall fantastic appeal of these apartments. This was our 4th visit to Edinburgh in the last 12 months, we love the place! And we would definately return/recommend this apartments for all our future visits.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 20 which was a superior room. Good location and great size - perfect!!
    1  Thank Shona_L12503933
    Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed in these apartments for two nights in December 2012 and the standard of rooms and decor is excellent. Everything is newly decorated and the whole place looks brand new.With two large flat screen tv's, blu ray player, surround sound and sky sports in the rooms i could ask for nothing more. Kitchen and bathroom were supurb, bed was extremely comfortable and it was quiet at night for good sleep. All this plus an excellent location right in the centre of Edinburgh makes this truly a 5 star rating in my opinion. I will definitely stay at Fountain Court again.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

The Stewart apartments are great - well furnished, within walking distance of all the main tourist sites and friendly staff. The one problem is that these apartments are on a cobbled street, surrounded by tall buildings and so the sound of passing traffic really does echo, particularly as the rooms are warm (even in December) meaning teh windows are frequently open.