“Excellent for Long Business Stay and Personally” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fountain Court - Stewart Apartments

Fountain Court - Stewart Apartments
Ranked #67 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent for Long Business Stay and Personally”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have stayed in Stewart Apartment ,Young Street for 10 months through my company expenses. The place is very near to Princess Street and city center. The room service is flawless and all people working there are cheerful. Adequately spacious clean rooms and good facilities. Room Rates are also good if we go for corporate booking for long stays.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1 and 2 floor are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Friendly staff, good location, adequately spacious clean rooms and good facilities. But, I have to say the 10.30am checkout seems a little mean! The filters on the internet that blocked streaming sites also seemed mean and a little odd. I stay in around 50 hotels a year and have never encountered this before, except in China. It wasn't a problem as I was only staying one night but if I was planning an extended stay it would definitely put me off coming back. A lack of a hair dryer and the poor soundproofing of the rooms were other minuses. I booked my stay at Fountain Court Stewart Apartments based entirely on their Tripadvsior rating (something they are patently very keen to use to promote their apartments as there are signs all over asking customers to leave feedback here). I would go back but I feel 96% is a tad high. Around 80% seems more realistic.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fountain_Court, Reception Manager at Fountain Court - Stewart Apartments, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Stewart Apartments.

Each apartment is equipped with a hair dryer, please accept my apologies if the hair dryer was missing.

We are able to lift the internet restrictions if requested in advance.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Stewart Apartments.

Kind Regards

Stephen Kinnear
Reception Manager
Redcar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in one of the apartment rooms with my boyfriend during our short weekend break in Edinburgh.
The apartment is roughly a ten minute walk away from the train station and the location is very central in regards to fact that everything is only a short distance away from where you are.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff on reception that required a few personal details from us before handing us the key to our room and was happy to offer her help and advice if we required it.
In general, the whole building was very clean and modern and I was thoroughly impressed by it all; and that was before we even got into our room.
The actual apartment is exactly what it says on a tin. An apartment. There were three rooms in total if you count the bathroom as its own room. The first room you enter when you walk in is the kitchen/dining/living room area which was very spacious. The kitchen was fully equipped with an oven, dishwasher and washing machine, and also plenty of pots, pans and cutlery. There is complimentary tea and coffee sachets provided including some milk pods, but if you do run out of milk, there is a small newsagents/ corner shop close by, and also a sainsbury’s local about ten minutes away.
The living room area has a large flat screen tv with all the usual freeview channels but also sky family movies which was a nice addition and there is also a blu ray dvd player.
The connecting room is the bedroom which was clean, modern and very spacious. The bed was huge and very comfy which was a big plus for me as I struggle to sleep sometimes when I stay in hotels.
There is a decent sized wardrobe for two people in the room, with shelves and a hanging rail, plus an iron and ironing board.
As well as the tv in the living room area, there is also one in the bedroom and if you play a blu ray dvd in the player in the living room it will play on the tv in the bedroom.
Overall we had a great stay, so it was a shame we were only there for two nights. I would thoroughly recommend this place, especially if you are going to be staying in Edinburgh for more than a few days.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I was in Edinburgh for 4 nights, attending a conference held at the Roxburghe Hotel, just one block away and Stewart Apartments didn't disappoint. Spacious room (room 6) and plenty of room to work.

It looks like the property have a very strict access to your room policy of 3pm, however they provide plenty of helpful advice, storage of luggage and an offer of a phone call when your room is ready (which didn't happen, but it didn't matter).

My colleague stayed next door in room 7 and he didn't have good mobile phone reception (UK mobile) so if you need to make or receive mobile calls, avoid that room.

Super-friendly reception staff who are obviously very motivated to maintain their high review ranking on Booking.com and similar websites. The price here was pretty good too (I booked via Booking.com) in spite of very high demand in town and me leaving the actual accommodation booking very late.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 7 due to possible poor mobile phone reception.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment which was very small. I would recommend it only for a family with small children other book 2 interconnecting 1 brm apartments. However, it had all you could need including a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine. The car park is tight and expensive at 15 Euro's a day. If you have a big car getting into the vehicle lift is tricky and requires a 20 point turn. The 2 bedroom unit is on the ground floor and felt insecure as people walked past the windows so we felt that we could not leave them open at night, even though it was so hot inside.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom apartment too small for 4 adults.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Clean, modern, spacious and newly renovated apartments with a pretty good location. Only stayed one night (because our other hotel we stayed at the rest of the week was full the last night).

I can imagine it would be great if we were staying longer to have a room like this with kitchen and washer in the room. Or just wanna save up on some cash by cooking your own breakfast/food.

- Service was flawless.
- The breakfast, which we ordered (and is in the fridge we you arrive) was good but a bit pricey (£45/4people) as you have to cook it yourself.
- The one complaint we have is that the ironing board was just terrible, would hardly stand up by itself and the foam pad on top was loose so ironing took forever. The bright side was the iron itself which was one of the better hotel-irons I've used (BOSCH).
- Doors in the rooms closed very heavily (with a slam) which was a bit disturbing, since you hear all your neighbours getting home in the middle of the night (if you come home earlier then them).
- Beds were a bit small and so were the pillows, but we slept well none the less.

All in all we were pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stefan T
Fountain_Court, Reception Manager at Fountain Court - Stewart Apartments, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies regarding the ironing board, rest assured our Housekeeper has now replaced.

We do offer king beds in our superior one bedroom apartments, perhaps for your next stay.

I am glad that you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Stephen Kinnear
Reception Manager
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights on my own in a double apartment on the first floor (at the rear) at the end of May.
The Apartments are very nice with some nice thoughtful touches added. I didn't use the self catering facilities but they seemed very good quality. The rooms were nicely laid out, well finished and spacious.
The concierge service was also very good and helpful without being intrusive.
The location is also really good obviously and depsite other reviews I personally didn't experience problems with noise in the lane below my windows (I prefer rooms cooler so found the rooms troo warm - as a result I opened the windows and even so I didn't find noise a problem).
I would recommend these apartments for any couple who want to explore Edinburgh and have a comfortable and tasteful base from which to do it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo