“Superb Lunch”
Review of Mithas - CLOSED

Mithas
Price range: US$13 - US$106
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Mithas is an innovative and exquisite Indian dining experience that reflects true Indian flavours using traditional methods in a contemporary setting. The chefs were handpicked to deliver what was cited by known food critics as 'bold, exciting and unimaginable within Indian cooking'. Our contemporary take is rooted in age-old traditions, therefore delivering taste sensations that take you beyond your expectations but with a reminder of the origins. Mithas's preparatory methods include the three core Indian cooking styles; Tandoor (clay ovens with temperatures of up to 390ºC), Sigri (cooking over a coal flame) and Tawa (searing and griddling on hot plate). The food is immediately served as it is prepared retaining its freshness, fragrant and delectable flavours. We sincerely hope you enjoy the Mithas dining experience!
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked a table for a Saturday lunchtime for four adults which included both 'seniorish' parents. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a warm welcome and asked if we wanted to sit at our table or at the bar and have a drink prior to eating, We chose to sit at the table and all four of us decided to have the non vegetarian starter menu and every course was excellent throughout and even a skeptical father commented on how nice all the food was - high praise indeed!

Service was superb and I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff. This is not the first time I have been and each and every time the staff and food have been of a superb standard.

Downside is that it is not the cheapest of places but in my opinion worth every penny.

Would recommend the starter menus whether eating at lunchtime or for dinner and definitely try one of the cocktails.

7  Thank John R

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked a table for my heavily pregnant wife and as soon as we arrived, the staff made sure she was comfortable. Even providing cushions. Our waiter, Purshotam, was extremely attentive and explained the dishes to us. The food was amazing, nice alternative to your traditional Indian meal. Will definitely be back! (with our baby)

5  Thank Andysilvershore
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Not what I was expecting after all the good reviews.I do not mind paying for excellent food but this did not equate to the price I paid. The food was okay but not excellent!. The waiter was stand offish and made you feel as if you were doing him a favour by just being there, not what I would expect after paying 140 pounds for two. Will not be back. SORRY

3  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Experienced the taster menu last night (Sunday) with my family. The food was lovely but I wish the staff spoke a little slower when explaining what was in each dish! For someone who doesn't eat fish, I fell in love with the monk fish, scallops and lobster. They were fantastic although much over priced for the portion sizes. Definitely be back soon!

3  Thank JayneJH
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Dinner was nice, staff were friendly if a little over attentive. However, I've had better curries elsewhere in Edinburgh for half the price - I was expecting something a bit special to justify the cost, and it really didn't deliver. The lamb in particular wasn't very impressive. On the upside, the mixed vegetable starters were excellent, but I wouldn't go back in a hurry.

1  Thank 15,426