“The best Indian I have ever had”
Review of Mithas - CLOSED

Mithas
Price range: US$14 - US$108
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Mithas is an innovative and exquisite Indian dining experience that reflects true Indian flavours using traditional methods in a contemporary setting. The chefs were handpicked to deliver what was cited by known food critics as 'bold, exciting and unimaginable within Indian cooking'. Our contemporary take is rooted in age-old traditions, therefore delivering taste sensations that take you beyond your expectations but with a reminder of the origins. Mithas's preparatory methods include the three core Indian cooking styles; Tandoor (clay ovens with temperatures of up to 390ºC), Sigri (cooking over a coal flame) and Tawa (searing and griddling on hot plate). The food is immediately served as it is prepared retaining its freshness, fragrant and delectable flavours. We sincerely hope you enjoy the Mithas dining experience!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I were staying locally to this restaurant during the Fringe. We fancied a curry and happened to stumble across this beauty. For any curry lovers this restaurant is a must if Carlsberg did indians this would definitely be it.

We were really impressed with the meal and the service, nothing seemed to be to much of an issue and you get to see it all being cooked in the see through glass kitchen.

Both myself and my wife loved out meals and it made a nice change from the a normal Indian. This was not just a curry but a dining ecperiance.

4  Thank timmcgrath1983
There are newer reviews for Mithas

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Found this restaurant online so didn't have any personal recommendations but the website looked good! It had to be good too because I was taking my parents out for their 40th wedding anniversary....ruby, curry ;)
Great welcome & we went to the bar for some cocktails first - definitely recommend that, great fresh fruits, all were amazing, I you like mango get yourself the passion kiss!
The menu is incredible so be prepared to spend some time on that... Everything is intensely flavoured, I'd try anything on that menu!

Service was inconspicuous and friendly...just right!
Definitely a treat... With some the best desserts ever!! Don't forget to leave some room.

5  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Mithas is by far the best Indian Cuisine I've experienced in the UK. Their food is perfectly cooked with exquisite and imaginative spicing. The service is excellent, friendly and attentive without being pushy. I cannot recommend it highly enough and will definitely be returning when I am next in Edinburgh.

5  Thank VicPolyblanc
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our 3rd time here and as perfect as ever. Great ambiance, better service and even better food! Finally got round to trying Sea Treasures...oh...my...god!! :-D
See you again soon Mithas...oh and thanks to Mervyn for such awesome service, very attentive yet not at all bothersome...perfect!

4  Thank DisplayID
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I cannot fault Mithas. We had been meaning to come here for ages and finally got around to it one Sunday evening in August. We booked in advance which was just as well as I think all the tables were taken at some point in the evening.
We were there for about 2hrs 45mins because we chose a tasting menu and proceeded to eat our way through a fabulous range of dishes each one a delight.
The staff were attentive and friendly and the ambiance was quiet and comfortable.
It now appears to have a licence for alcohol.
It is not cheap of course but it is certainly value for money and we will be back I am sure.

4  Thank Johnboyblue