“Saturday Delight”
Review of Mithas - CLOSED

Mithas
Price range: US$13 - US$106
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Mithas is an innovative and exquisite Indian dining experience that reflects true Indian flavours using traditional methods in a contemporary setting. The chefs were handpicked to deliver what was cited by known food critics as 'bold, exciting and unimaginable within Indian cooking'. Our contemporary take is rooted in age-old traditions, therefore delivering taste sensations that take you beyond your expectations but with a reminder of the origins. Mithas's preparatory methods include the three core Indian cooking styles; Tandoor (clay ovens with temperatures of up to 390ºC), Sigri (cooking over a coal flame) and Tawa (searing and griddling on hot plate). The food is immediately served as it is prepared retaining its freshness, fragrant and delectable flavours. We sincerely hope you enjoy the Mithas dining experience!
Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you are on the look out for fresh, succulent tasting delicacies the Mithas will not disappoint. Our foursome had the light non-vegetarian tasting menu. Numerous flavorsome, tasty starters full of invention, of a good size and all well presented were happily devoured. The main course a smooth chicken curry with traditional naan, daal and pilau rice provided a warm contented feeling that all of us had been well fed!

4  Thank Nicksimwh

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Went for a birthday special occasion and it really was special. We tried the Tasting menu and Vegetarian tasting menu. Both were excellent. So many different things to try. Excellent food, service and surroundings.

3  Thank MarjP457
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I were staying locally to this restaurant during the Fringe. We fancied a curry and happened to stumble across this beauty. For any curry lovers this restaurant is a must if Carlsberg did indians this would definitely be it.

We were really impressed with the meal and the service, nothing seemed to be to much of an issue and you get to see it all being cooked in the see through glass kitchen.

Both myself and my wife loved out meals and it made a nice change from the a normal Indian. This was not just a curry but a dining ecperiance.

4  Thank timmcgrath1983
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Found this restaurant online so didn't have any personal recommendations but the website looked good! It had to be good too because I was taking my parents out for their 40th wedding anniversary....ruby, curry ;)
Great welcome & we went to the bar for some cocktails first - definitely recommend that, great fresh fruits, all were amazing, I you like mango get yourself the passion kiss!
The menu is incredible so be prepared to spend some time on that... Everything is intensely flavoured, I'd try anything on that menu!

Service was inconspicuous and friendly...just right!
Definitely a treat... With some the best desserts ever!! Don't forget to leave some room.

5  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Mithas is by far the best Indian Cuisine I've experienced in the UK. Their food is perfectly cooked with exquisite and imaginative spicing. The service is excellent, friendly and attentive without being pushy. I cannot recommend it highly enough and will definitely be returning when I am next in Edinburgh.

5  Thank VicPolyblanc