I came across Glenalmond my pure luck as I was driving down Minto St after arriving in Edinburgh and having no idea where to stay. Glenalmond just happened to have parking spaces off the main street that I could easily see.
I was pleasantly surprised by what I recieved for my $$ - the room was luxurious!!! The bed was huge, the room was clean (and although had an old fashioned look to it) was modern and the ensuite looked to be newly updated!!
The position was perfect for my adventures around Edinburgh the following day and they put on a fantastic breakfast!!
There's nothing I can think of that could have been improved with this place and I highly recommend for anyone travelling through Edinburgh!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenalmond House is a Victorian 4 star rated guest house, with many original features. Private car parking is free, and there is free Wi-Fi available throughout the guest house. For that special occasion, why not book one of our beautiful deluxe en-suite rooms with queen-size 4-poster or Rococco bed. The extensive breakfast menu includes the traditional Scottish with haggis, scrambled egg with Scottish smoked salmon and many vegetarian options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Glenalmond House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenalmond House Hotel Edinburgh
- Glenalmond House Edinburgh, Scotland