Stayed at the Glenalmond house this spring with another couple. So 2 rooms were booked. I was not part of the booking process, but basically we had an "upgrade" and the other couple took that room. My husband and I stayed in one of the rooms on the first floor.. I think room 4? Anyway, SMALL room! Small bathroom ! After looking at the other rooms online I guess I would have paid for the "upgrade" . Let me put it to you this way, our room was so small that there wasn't even room to walk around the bed once our suitcases were open. That is just my advice! Take the upgrade!
The Glenalmond was right on the bus route to downtown, buses ran all the time! There is a lovely lounge room to gather and talk, the breakfast was awesome! The people were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again and recommend with the "upgrade" cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenalmond House is a Victorian 4 star rated guest house, with many original features. Private car parking is free, and there is free Wi-Fi available throughout the guest house. For that special occasion, why not book one of our beautiful deluxe en-suite rooms with queen-size 4-poster or Rococco bed. The extensive breakfast menu includes the traditional Scottish with haggis, scrambled egg with Scottish smoked salmon and many vegetarian options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Glenalmond House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenalmond House Hotel Edinburgh
- Glenalmond House Edinburgh, Scotland