Glenalmond is situated on a busy road lined with B&Bs so takes a bit of finding. There is parking in the front yard of the house. We arrived at much the same time as other guests and felt our welcome was somewhat rushed. Our room included comfortable lounge chairs. The bathroom had a fixed overhead shower - welcome after night after night of pushing the button on a little box and having the shower head at the end of a hose. Breakfast was served in a pleasant room looking out to the street and the never ending passing buses. There are many options on the breakfast menu which is submitted the previous night however my request for a slight variation was met with no problems. My only criticism was that we had left our towels spread out over the chairs to dry ready for reuse the next day only to have them folded neatly while still damp!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenalmond House is a Victorian 4 star rated guest house, with many original features. Private car parking is free, and there is free Wi-Fi available throughout the guest house. For that special occasion, why not book one of our beautiful deluxe en-suite rooms with queen-size 4-poster or Rococco bed. The extensive breakfast menu includes the traditional Scottish with haggis, scrambled egg with Scottish smoked salmon and many vegetarian options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Lastminute, Booking.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Glenalmond House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenalmond House Hotel Edinburgh
- Glenalmond House Edinburgh, Scotland