Glenalmond House
US$329
US$214
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$92
US$384
US$247
Waldorf Astoria
US$208
US$193
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$847
US$680
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedroyal mileexcellent hostscity centrethe ground floorfrequent busesfirst floorbus stopmain roadporridgea great place to staybreakfast was excellentrooms were very cleancomfortable stayarthur's seatscottish breakfastbus service
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Chose this B&B when our usual hotel was fully booked and we were not disappointed..
The service was first class and nothing seemed a bother, there was a good choice for breakfast which was cooked to perfection and plenty of it.
The standard double room was very clean and had everything you would want although a bit on the small size but not a problem for our 2 night stay.
Car parking was good and ideal to leave the car for the weekend especially with the excellent bus service from just across the road.
Thank you Jimmy for a very enjoyable stay.
Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My partner and I stayed there for 4 nights recently and cannot say enough good things about our stay. The bed was very comfortable, great shower, and the hosts put a fresh bottle of water in your room every day. The place was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast they served every morning was amazing and huge! I never went hungry while in Edinburgh! The hosts Jimmy and Fiona really were very friendly and welcoming. The location is great, with a bus stop maybe 50 yards away where you can catch a bus into the Royal Mile, train station, and anywhere else you want to go. I would definitely stay there again when I go back to Edinburgh!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 4 November 2013

When I'm next back in Edinburgh, Glenalmond House will be my first choice for a place to stay. It's conveniently located, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and is run by a lovely couple for whom nothing is too much trouble. It's tremendous value for money compared with the mainstream hotels of Edinburgh. All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank timdLondon_UK
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Having recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease I was worried about my first holiday away. Fiona and Jimmy couldn't have been more accommodating. They got gluten free bread (I gave plenty of notice) and I had plenty of options for breakfast - all of which was very well cooked. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very comfortable, and everywhere was exceptionally clean. The location is ideal, not too long a walk to the city (about 20 minutes) or plenty of buses. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tess P
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Glenalmond is situated on a busy road lined with B&Bs so takes a bit of finding. There is parking in the front yard of the house. We arrived at much the same time as other guests and felt our welcome was somewhat rushed. Our room included comfortable lounge chairs. The bathroom had a fixed overhead shower - welcome after night after night of pushing the button on a little box and having the shower head at the end of a hose. Breakfast was served in a pleasant room looking out to the street and the never ending passing buses. There are many options on the breakfast menu which is submitted the previous night however my request for a slight variation was met with no problems. My only criticism was that we had left our towels spread out over the chairs to dry ready for reuse the next day only to have them folded neatly while still damp!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple