A chance find (though we did check on Trip Advisor), a great B&B close-ish to the centre of town. A twenty five minute walk or a couple of minute by bus from just outside the house.
We enjoyed just about all the options on the breakfast menu and they were all good, even if you did have to choose the evening before. The room we had, on the ground floor, was very comfortable and well furnished. The bathroom was good and very clean. Very friendly hosts, Fiona and Jimmy, who where also very helpful in planning our sightseeing. The whole house has been beautifully restored, to a very high standard. Great place to be based for time in Edinburgh. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenalmond House is a Victorian 4 star rated guest house, with many original features. Private car parking is free, and there is free Wi-Fi available throughout the guest house. For that special occasion, why not book one of our beautiful deluxe en-suite rooms with queen-size 4-poster or Rococco bed. The extensive breakfast menu includes the traditional Scottish with haggis, scrambled egg with Scottish smoked salmon and many vegetarian options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, Hotels.com, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Glenalmond House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenalmond House Hotel Edinburgh
- Glenalmond House Edinburgh, Scotland