We spent 4 nights here for our break visiting Scotland. Being distanced about a mile from the city centre means that it is in the quieter end of town, and with regular buses nearby, it's perfect for those who don't always fancy the walk.
Glenalmond house is beautiful from the front and is just as wonderful inside, the furniture and decor give it a sense of luxury.
Fiona and Jimmy are wonderful hosts and are very helpful, and when you hear Jimmy's laugh in the morning, it certainly puts a smile on your face.
We were staying in room 4, which is on the ground floor. The room is equipped with everything you need. The bed is a little on the hard side, but still comfortable. The furniture is beautiful and the en-suite is nicely decorated and practical. The only thing I would warn is to watch your hand when you're closing the door from the inside as it is a little tight for space between the handle and door frame, quite a few knuckles got bashed during out visit.
The breakfasts were outstanding and you were never hungry before lunch after having them! There is a wide range of choice from cooked breakfast to pancakes and waffles, including self serve of juices, yoghurts and cereals. We had a cooked breakfast every morning and enjoyed it everyday.
We are both smokers, so both respected the no smoking policy within the house, there is an outside ashtray out the front of the house, which is out of the elements and not a burden to use.
Thank you Fiona and Jimmy for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenalmond House is a Victorian 4 star rated guest house, with many original features. Private car parking is free, and there is free Wi-Fi available throughout the guest house. For that special occasion, why not book one of our beautiful deluxe en-suite rooms with queen-size 4-poster or Rococco bed. The extensive breakfast menu includes the traditional Scottish with haggis, scrambled egg with Scottish smoked salmon and many vegetarian options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Glenalmond House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenalmond House Hotel Edinburgh
- Glenalmond House Edinburgh, Scotland