Ardenlee Guest House
US$250
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$271
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$281
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$198
Agoda.com
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$201
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$145
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My family of 7 adults had a great stay of at the Ardenlee Guest House. We were spread out over two of the three flats that make up the Guest House. But that worked out fantastically. We had a double with bath, a single with bath and a suite that slept four with a bath and kitchen. The breakfast was really great! And Kay was so helpful before and during our stay. She got us situated, pointed us to the great French restaurant across the street, booked our cab to the airport and made us feel at home.

The New Town location is perfect. Its on a bus route that gets you to the shops of Princes and Rose streets in 4 minutes and to the Royal Mile in no more than 10 minutes. It was quiet and had a grocery, coffee shop and pub as close as the bus stop.

My whole family enjoyed our stay. I would really recommend this for any type of travel. I saw businessmen, couples (young and old) and everyone was pleased.

Room Tip: Ask for the apartment (#3) if you have two couples. You'll get the kitchen and sitting room as well as the bedrooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
EdinburghKay30, Manager at Ardenlee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write your review. We really enjoyed having you stay with us.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

The B&B is in 2 separate buildings next to each other. The B&B is easy to find. You can take the bus or walk (about a 15-20 minute walk from the Tourist Information located next to Waverly Train Station). The staff is friendly and welcoming. Breakfast is wonderful with lots of choices (oatmeal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cheese, fruits, cereal, toasts) and service is fast.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We really enjoyed having you stay with us.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

The guesthouse is divided over 2 houses. In one the breakfast is served you you might
have to make a very short walk. Rooms are very high and look a bit old fashioned glamorous.
But the are clean only we had a really small bathroom. There is television on the rooms
but also in the special living room. You can reach the guesthouse coming from the centre
of Edinburgh easily by foot but you can take also 2 stops with the bus(ses).
Its is situated in a uit area , so very little noise in the evening and nights.
The lady and the lord of the guesthouse are very friendly and helpfull.
Breakfast (full English or parts of that) is of a good quality. Due to the fact that the breakfast room is not to big you might in the weekends have waite a few minutes for a table.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fmoreijn

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We really enjoyed having you stay with us.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have been using this B&B for 6 months now, and I highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Edinburgh. The rooms are cleaned daily, to a high standard. The staff and owners are very friendly and helpful. The choices of Breakfast's are varied and always tasty !
The rooms vary from single to double to Huge ! there are some very nice rooms in this B&B, and I reckon I've been in most of them now.
The owners are always willing to offer advice about local attractions, and have a great knowledge of up&coming events. They are both a dab hand at running a B&B and always have time to spend to talk to you.
I have seen families, couples, business people (me included) come and go from this B&B and there are a lot of happy faces that return to this B&B.
For the price they charge, you really are getting value for money, and the walk into Edinburgh town centre takes about 12 mins.
There really isn't anything bad I can say about this B&B, and I have stayed in a lot of B&B's in my time. (This review was written by Mark Sankar, I'm just using my wife's TripAdvisor !)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SankarsReviews

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We loved having you stay with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was here for 2 nights and the place was just fantastic. The staff were very friendly and upgraded my room free of charge. The room was massive, clean and had everything i needed and wanted. I got great sleep as it was very peaceful. Breakfast was also very nice. The locaton was good, only about 10-15 mins from the centre of town. I would definately recommend staying here, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank angela199284

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We enjoyed having you stay with us.