“Beautiful house, lovely people - try it”

No. 11 Brunswick Street
Ranked #28 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Big old house with lovely touches. Room was very comfortable and the breakfasts are huge, nothing is too much trouble. The owners and their staff are friendly and well-organised. Definitely worth a visit and not surprised they have lots of repeat business. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2011

This is one of 3 hotels I booked at the last minute 2 days before leaving home. For a city centre hotel it is incredible value. The hotelier was very customer focused and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed 2 nights and would recommend it to anyone who wants a very good nights sleep with a very big cooked breakfast afterwards. I also strongly recommend the Tailend restaurant on the Leith Road for an evening meal - ask John for details. When we next come to Edinburgh we will definitely use this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2011

A gorgeous Georgian building, rooms where spotlessly clean, full of character, the owners had thought of everything you could want or need, could not have been anymore obliging or helpful. Good quality furniture and bed linen, hairdryer in the room, breakfast was delicious. Nothing was too much trouble, highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Homely B+B, great location - 10 mins walk from edinburgh town centre but away from the crowds. Comfortable rooms, nice breakfast and friendly staff. Would definitely book again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We had a great stay for our first nights in Scotland, The place is clean, charming and calm in which we had restful nights, the service is nice. John gave us a good B&B address and useful information for our trip around Scotland.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I was joining a wedding party, and needed two nights accommodation in Edinburgh. The groom's family found this hotel, on Tripadvisor, I believe, and we could not have been more fortunate. The first night we got talking in the bar, and this led to a singing session (respectable - I am seventy years old), with the Aberdonian barman, a couple from Bristol, an Australian, and we four from Cornwall. The next night, after the wedding, we looked forward to getting home to our friends at the hotel. To our surprise, the staff presented the ladies with souvenirs, and arrangements were made for the staff to holiday in our village in Cornwall when they could take a break.

The owners take great pride in the history and restoration of this fine building. The breakfasts were memorable - and although they were ordered the night before, there was full flexibility over changing the order, so I had two chances to have their full breakfast including haggis.

The position is excellent, and the warmth of welcome was the kind of thing that turns accommodation into a holiday.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Originally I was booked at "Dukes of Windsor" in Edinburgh, but a couple months before I was set to leave I got a phone call that they sold and they had booked me into the Clan Campbell. Truth, I didn't know what to expect. Well much to my surprise I got a great room, clean, accommodating, welcoming.... the owners and hosts John and Ursula are very enthusiastic about their establishment and their city. The location was great, where I was select walk pretty much everywhere. If I had any questions, they were more than helPful in answering. Great en-suite (bathroom) which is so important, at least to me. I felt safe, welcomed and cared for. The day I left for my trip back home I was given a packed lunch that was reminiscent of what my mom used to pack for me before leaving for school. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011