No. 11 Brunswick Street
US$491
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
US$201
US$185
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
US$276
US$256
US$222
US$202
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$226
1,189 results
All reviewsgeorgian suitemini suitedouble showerfour poster bedtop floorboutique hotelunderfloor heatingcranachanquiet streetfree standing bathplayhouse theatreno liftlovely boutiquebasement roomroll top bathsmall hotelleith walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We found No. 11 completely by chance and have never felt so lucky. Having made our reservation for a junior suite over the phone we were absolutely delighted on arrival, to be upgraded to the Georgian suite, complete with king-size four-poster bed. We were met at reception by Ellie, who could not have been friendlier or more helpful, who gave us a brief history of the hotel and explained that it was under new ownership. We later met Hamish the new owner and again he was very friendly and candid about his new venture, which I assured him was definitely a winner as far as we were concerned.

Room Tip: Although the Georgian suite didn't have a great view the room itself was STUNNING.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I loved No 11 from the moment i entered the doorway, theres a certain charm,elegance and character to the building which was only upstaged by the staff. They could not do enough for us, they were helpful, friendly, chatty but not intrusive.
We had the voucher deal which was 4 courses and wine for 2 people for a mere £28. Excellent value for money, all the courses were utterly delicious and the portion sizes were more than adequate. you can even get a bottle of house wine starts at as little as £11!

I had already advised that i was going to take my mum and dad there as knew they would appreciate it, and i also advised other friends to go.
By chance another voucher became available on 5pm for the same deal so i am taking my parents and my friends snapped up the deal as well!

Really cant fault this place, i cannot wait to go back!

(totally recommend the smoked venison starter,it was utterly delicious!)

Room Tip: woops - sorry i marked excellent for sleep - however i didnt actually stay the night - will possibly in future though as the rooms look gorgeous!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

this beautiful hotel if only it had a lift,think i counted 100 steps uo to top floor where we were staying
the room was very posh! beautifully furnished with a double shower;
I think this hotel had just been took over the week we went,stayed previously when it was Glen Campbell
the hotel had been modernised and decorated.
Breakfast was very good, if anyone has stayes at mal maison hotels it was very similiar
should add picked up good deal on line with this hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a lovely little hotel that has great potential but has a few major problems. I was only staying one night but I had trouble with noise during the night, like a previous comment. I got up to complain at reception, where I had seen a young guy earlier in the evening, who I assumed was the night porter. However, he was nowhere to be seen, again as said in a previous comment. The staff are friendly but don't always seem to know what is going on. I am not sure I would recommend this hotel or stay again unless staff are given much more training in customer satisfication.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The hotel was just as described on the website. The service staff were friendly. Superb breakfasts. The room was cozy,but elegant. I wish I'd noticed the shutters on my first night as it was quite light despite the glorious curtains.

I choose the hotel as it was close to the venue where I was delivering a 3-day course and I was prepared to pay above the odds to be sure of a good night's sleep. The first night I was disappointed by the smell of stale smoke on the sheets. In the dead of the second night I was woken by a sudden noise. The fancy shower was spurting out and making a din like persistent hailstones next to my head. The ensuite was a doorless half walled open cubicle in the small room, the shower was more or less next to the bed head. Cushioning the shower pit with towels made hardly any difference. In the morning I informed the owner about the mysterious shower episode, I thought he looked unconvinced, but he promised to have a look at it. (All knobs were fully off and I use the shower mornings only.) I thought since he failed to appease me by offering a room change, (surely a relatively easy option considering 2 rooms only seemed to be in use,) that he was sure of addressing the shower issue. Following night, 3.00am the shower spontaneously began its splurging. I went to reception, had read it was 24 hour, but no one around to prove the unbelievable noisiness of the unstoppable shower. I thought of taking my duvet and sleeping in the lounge, but just hung around for a while to pass some time. Back in my room the persistent splashing carried on. Another sleepless night.
A lot of money for an extremely annoying stay, not a happy bunny. The very nice receptionist learning about my experience after asking me how I enjoyed my stay said, 'we hope to see you again', as he debited an awakeningly undeserved sum from my credit card. Not a chance, the Scottish Youth Hostel across the way looked very inviting, and I've never known any hotel ignore a problem that could so easily have been addressed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business