No. 11 Brunswick Street
US$107
US$384
US$246
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$847
US$680
1,210 results
All reviewsgeorgian suitemini suitedouble showerfour poster bedtop floorboutique hotelunderfloor heatingcranachanquiet streetfree standing bathplayhouse theatreno liftlovely boutiquebasement roomroll top bathsmall hotelleith walk
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My partner booked the hotel for a surprise birthday weekend in Edingburgh...all I can say is WOW!

I'm a fussy person but first impressions were wonderful! A lovely sweet small reception area (really people how long are you going to stand at a reception desk for?! Not long!) the young lady who I can't remember her name, was lovely, cheery, helpful! Asked about our journey and hoped it was an easy one.

Our room was no 3 overlooking a little courtyard. It was so peaceful! I'm a light sleeper and didn't notice any noise outside room door. The smell of breakfast was delicious...I tried the wonderful haggis at breakfast! (Sadly I don't like black pudding-sorry chef...I don't like saying no to something on my plate but my taste buds haven't matured yet) breakfast came out super fast. (Within 10 mins of ordering) lovely orange juice and coffee.

Great restaurant recommendations in room book. ( Thai and Italian places were great)

Yes there is a walk up the hill to the Christmas market- but it's only 10 mins If you walk fast like me or 15 mins if your slightly slower. (But Edingburgh as I discovered is hilly!) busses were great-got one to Edingburgh zoo. Only a 20 / 30 min walk to castle.

Great hotel friendly staff. Sadly I didn't have room to put bed, bathroom in my bag - no matter how much I wanted to- no room!And that is saying something from a fussy traveller)

Loved the hotel!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha F
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The walk into town is uphill and too long for No 11 to be considered a city centre hotel.

We were allocated room 2 and quite frankly it was an incredibly disappointing room. At no time during the booking process were we alerted to the fact we would be staying in a basement room. It was noisy, dark and depressing with little privacy as the staff were going up and down the stairs directly outside the window.

The reception on the TV was non-existent and in the bathroom the grouting in the shower was cracked and clearly in need of remedial work. And this is all in what was described as an 'executive room'.

We wrote to the hotel to express our disappointment but with the same arrogance that they overcharged for a sub-standard room they also ignored our letter.

On a positive note the staff we dealt with were friendly and the breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anneandrew21
Hamish G, Owner at No. 11 Brunswick Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time for writing a review.

For those reading your review I feel it is worth pointing out that all rooms are clearly described on all booking sites. All rooms have been designed by an interior designer using good quality furnishings and finishings. There is a small amount of regrouting required in the shower due to building movement which cannot be avoided in old buildings. Clearly in this case the design did not meet the clients taste.

I personally walk to the hotel from Princess Street and at a steady pace it takes me eleven minutes. In general the hotel is considered central.

I would also like to point out that we did receive a letter and we did reply to it. We take all feedback very seriously as it is our aim to provide our customers with a lovely experience. Although you found the service and food to be good you clearly did not enjoy your time with us and for that we are disappointed.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Was at the brasserie for a meal we didnt stay in the hotel . Our compliments to the chef on a delicious meal and the staff on great service. We had a lovely evening . The hotel looks beautiful both inside and out .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carole W
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel as my birthday treat - and it definitely was a treat. I was most disappointed when a recent Groupon offer finished before time, and before I could arrange a return visit.

The hotel is in a really convenient position, walkable to Princes Street. Our suite was lovely - so comfortable, clean, designery, spacious, and with a great bathroom. Breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious. The staff were all very helpful and courteous. All in all, a wonderful birthday treat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the Georgian suite, and I am certainly glad we did.
I have to say 11 Brunswick Street would now be in my top 3 hotels without a shadow of a doubt.
The room was absolutely fabulous. Spacious, comfortable and well appointed.
The staff were attentive, polite and friendly and we were very impressed by their approach.
We booked a meal in the hotel on our first evening ,and were not disappointed. The choices were excellent and all three courses were superb, and we had the place to ourselves which made it a bit special too.
Breakfast is full Scottish or continental, with a great variety. It's the only hotel I have ever stayed in were they leave you a jug of ice cold fruit juice instead of the measly small glasses that you tend to get elsewhere. I would have to recommend the full Scottish though, if you really don't want to eat for the rest of the day.
Nicely decorated for Christmas, and the paintings in the dining room make for a lovely
atmosphere.
Would love to go back next time we head to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple