“Lovely quaint place, great location and great value.”

No. 11 Brunswick Street
Ranked #34 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Wales
“Lovely quaint place, great location and great value.”
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This place was really nice, fantastic value. My room was huge, lots of storage, free wifi, and all the usual bits. Breakfast was amazing, full english with haggis too! I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!!. I walked to the centre in 5 minutes for my meeting, great location. Will return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Walsall
Reviewed 16 January 2010

This was our first visit to Edinburgh and we stayed at the Clan Campbell Hotel for 4 nights. Myself and my partner chose the Hotel based mainly on the great reviews and the very reasonable price offered (we booked the hotel through their own website). For the price we paid, we were not disappointed. The owner John gave us a warm welcome when we arrived (a 5 minute taxi ride from Waverley train station) and carried my partner's bags up to our top floor room. The room itself was bright, spacious and quiet, the bed comfortable and the bathroom clean and in working order. The room also has a TV with built in DVD player, and a good choice of DVD's can be found in reception for visitor's to borrow, which we thought was a nice touch. On arrival, we had a small problem with the window in our room, however when this was mentioned to John, this was promptly fixed with no hassle. The breakfast is a real selling point, it was fantastic, and there is a fairly wide choice of foods. The location is a very short bus ride into the City Centre (Buses go from London Road, just round the corner from the hotel, straight into Edinburgh New Town every 5-10 minutes during the day), and is also a nice 20-30 minute walk if you prefer. Whenever we asked, John was always more than happy to offer advice on getting around Edinburgh, or to recommend a place to eat. All-in-all, our experience of the Clan Campbell Hotel was a fantastic one, and one we hope to repeat on our next visit to Edinburgh.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Cologne
Reviewed 13 January 2010

What can I say? I stayed there for nearly one week and I was sad to leave. Everything is typical scottish! (It was my first time in Scotland - but I think it is)

Breakfast was wonderful and you can have as much as you want and you can make your choice on the day before. It's up to you fruity and healthy or tasty with sausages and bacon.

My room was on the 2nd floor and it was large enough and very homely.

The location is absolutely perfect. You can get on Princess Street / downtown in some minutes and so is it possible to take a break into your own room and start through again.

My final rating is that I will defenitely come back!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
carlisle cumbria
Reviewed 21 December 2009

we have just spend a very relaxing two nights in this hotel we couldnt ask for more .friendly welcoming staff .central for all the sights and a lovely building .our only regret is we couldnt stay longer .we can recommend the breakfast and the haggis is a must .thank you we will hoprfully return in the near future .

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Flint
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Took my husband to Edinburgh for a birthday treat.
Found a little gem called The Clan Campbell hotel.
excellent service and very friendly staff.
Ghost walk was brilliant,Liz was an excellent story teller.
What made the raio alarm go on in the empty room next door to ours when we got back from the walk?very spooky.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Cologne
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I stayed at the Clan Campbell Hotel for 2 nights in a double room. This was not my first time in Edinburgh, but my first time in the Clan Campbell Hotel.
I really enjoyed my stay there. After a friendly welcome the owner showed me my room. It was a lovely double room with new furniture (dark wood, lovely) and white walls with
nice pictures. I was impressed from the first moment. It looked really clean and with the lovely personal touch, so that you know the owner cares about his guests.

Unfortunately I forgot my hair dryer, but there was one in the room, also an iron board, so I missed nothing at all.

Breakfast was fantastic, you were able to choose between continental and cooked breakfast. The continental breakfast included fresh fruit, which was really nice and
you don't find it in every hotel. The cooked breakfast was rich with eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon and you also can have Haggis for a trial, but I didn't ;)

The room was very quiet and I had enough time for a rest to recover from my big trips during the day.

I really liked the ambience there, I don't prefer the big 100 - 200 room hotel where everyone is just a Mrs Room No 156. This Hotel is family driven and the staff is very
nice and friendly and is always there to help.

I highly recommend this hotel for a stay to explore the City of Edinburgh. It is just 10 - 15 minutes walk from the city centre, you are also able to take a bus to the beach which
is really nice.

Thanks to John, the owner, for a fantastic stay in Edinburgh. I definitely come back and bring the rest of my family!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 16 September 2009

A substanttial stone building, with tall rooms and huge stairwell. Pleasantly decorated, but not in its first youth. Our room was small but adequate. It had a bath as well as shower. There is a large a compfortable sitting room and bar.

Just what we needed for a night, but not a destination in its own right.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
industria, Owner at No. 11 Brunswick Street, responded to this review, 21 December 2009
Thank you for yor review. We are glad that enjoyed your stay and that our hotel provided good value.
Being a small hotel in the city center we do not have a gym or a spa that would make us a destination in its own right.
However having undergone a major refurbishment in 2009 we feel that we offer exceptional accommodation and good value in the center of Edinburgh.We have also added and improved on our breakfast menu-offering a fantastic hearty cooked breakfast that you will not get in a lot of places nowadays.
We are continually making improvements and listening to what our guests require in order to make our hotel that little bit more remarkable