“Definition of customer satisfaction!”

No. 11 Brunswick Street
Ranked #35 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
England
“Definition of customer satisfaction!”
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Where do I start? From the minute me and my girlfriend (celebrating her 21st) walked into the hotel, we were welcomed in to the hotel and greeted by Mr Campbell who introduced himself and explained a few things about the hotel and the surrounding attractions. The room (no.3) was extremely comfortable and we both had the best night’s sleep we've had for a long time.

The hotel is situated about 15 minutes walk from the main City Centre but there are a few bars and restaurants situated even closer. The breakfast options at the hotel are fantastic, catering for all types of guests. If you don't fancy having something listed on the 'breakfast slips', then you can request something different. I highly recommend the Full Scottish Breakfast, it is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!

The staff at this hotel are extremely friendly and are more than happy to help or just have a general conversation with you in the bar area - how often does that happen?!

The main reason I chose this hotel for me and my Girlfriend was because of the 'family' feeling to it, rather than being just another number for some of the more major hotel brands!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Lincoln
Reviewed 27 March 2010

It was our first trip to scotland and was for my wifes 30th birthday, we chose the Clan Campbell on reviews and we were not disappointed,everything you read about the breakfasts are true, they are a thing of legends and I know my breakfasts..... After having to change rooms due to circumstances beyond the hotels control we were swapped to a huge wonderful room with a lovely bathroom. My wife opened her birthday cards in the morning and put them on the mantlepiece in the room, when we returned later there was a wonderful surprize that really made our weekend! to which we would again like to say a huge thank you. If you are ever in Edinburgh please give this hotel a go you will not be disappointed and we will definately be returning.

UK
Reviewed 7 March 2010

I would first like to point out the guest house positive points. The staff were brilliant. Polite, friendly and helpful. The Guest house (because that's what it really is) is in close proximity to the city centre and sights. The property itself has seen better days. Our room no 9, was next to the bar/lounge. In our room we were supposed to have a power shower - well there was a shower with little power, a toilet roll holder falling off the wall and held together with pink wire - need I go on. The breakfast was of the old fashioned type where you fill in a request for what you want the night before - preferable before 8pm - reminiscent of the NHS. I can't remember the last time I stayed anywhere where you couldn't help yourself to basic breakfast cereals, or choice of fruit juice.! We were also disappointed that the owner Mr Campbell , although 'around' didn't introduce himself to either my husband or myself whist we were in his establishement for 3 days - very rude of any management in such a small 9 bedroomed place. I did bring this up with him when he finally came in contact with me on settlement of the bill, and he gave me a a discount of £15. Maybe we are just picky, but I wouldn't recommend this Guest house to anyone thinking of visiting Edinburgh.

2 Thank Woerd
industria, owner at No. 11 Brunswick Street, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
As you can see from previous reviews- one of our main goals is achieving a high level of personal contact with our guests.
As you confirmed you were entirely happy with the service from our staff and it is with this that we are diappointed with this review because we feel that it is only related to the fact that you did not get to meet myself.
As I stated to you I was on the premises at all times-serving guests in the morning and on reception . Due to a bit of bad luck and timing we managed to miss each other-as running a small hotel my time was diverted with other hotel matters-nevertheless you did not experience any lack of service.
Furthermore I would like to clarify some points.
Our rooms do not have power showers-so we would not have promised something we do not have. They are electric-having checked the shower we cannot find anything wrong with it. The toilet roll holder did have a small piece of string wrapped around the end to stop it sliding out of its holder as it had recently been damaged-this will be replaced.
As regards the breakfast pre-order forms- from our point of view it is not old fashioned to have them. We introduced this to give our guests a better service and it has been very popular. There is a special requests section on the form so that should you require something different that is not on the menu- a different type of juice etc-then we can go to the shop before it closes and get this for you. We find that guests prefer to be seated and served rather than queing up for buffet style breakfast.
We will continue to improve our hotel and the service to our guests.
We hope you enjoyed your holiday regardless.
Wales
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This place was really nice, fantastic value. My room was huge, lots of storage, free wifi, and all the usual bits. Breakfast was amazing, full english with haggis too! I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!!. I walked to the centre in 5 minutes for my meeting, great location. Will return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Walsall
Reviewed 16 January 2010

This was our first visit to Edinburgh and we stayed at the Clan Campbell Hotel for 4 nights. Myself and my partner chose the Hotel based mainly on the great reviews and the very reasonable price offered (we booked the hotel through their own website). For the price we paid, we were not disappointed. The owner John gave us a warm welcome when we arrived (a 5 minute taxi ride from Waverley train station) and carried my partner's bags up to our top floor room. The room itself was bright, spacious and quiet, the bed comfortable and the bathroom clean and in working order. The room also has a TV with built in DVD player, and a good choice of DVD's can be found in reception for visitor's to borrow, which we thought was a nice touch. On arrival, we had a small problem with the window in our room, however when this was mentioned to John, this was promptly fixed with no hassle. The breakfast is a real selling point, it was fantastic, and there is a fairly wide choice of foods. The location is a very short bus ride into the City Centre (Buses go from London Road, just round the corner from the hotel, straight into Edinburgh New Town every 5-10 minutes during the day), and is also a nice 20-30 minute walk if you prefer. Whenever we asked, John was always more than happy to offer advice on getting around Edinburgh, or to recommend a place to eat. All-in-all, our experience of the Clan Campbell Hotel was a fantastic one, and one we hope to repeat on our next visit to Edinburgh.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Cologne
Reviewed 13 January 2010

What can I say? I stayed there for nearly one week and I was sad to leave. Everything is typical scottish! (It was my first time in Scotland - but I think it is)

Breakfast was wonderful and you can have as much as you want and you can make your choice on the day before. It's up to you fruity and healthy or tasty with sausages and bacon.

My room was on the 2nd floor and it was large enough and very homely.

The location is absolutely perfect. You can get on Princess Street / downtown in some minutes and so is it possible to take a break into your own room and start through again.

My final rating is that I will defenitely come back!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
carlisle cumbria
Reviewed 21 December 2009

we have just spend a very relaxing two nights in this hotel we couldnt ask for more .friendly welcoming staff .central for all the sights and a lovely building .our only regret is we couldnt stay longer .we can recommend the breakfast and the haggis is a must .thank you we will hoprfully return in the near future .

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple