“Go for Evensong”

111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 242 helpful votes
“Go for Evensong”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I went at 17:30 for evensong. The cathedral is beautiful ,with spectacular windows by Paolozzi. The choir is wonderful, and there were short bible readings and prayers. A lovely experience in a great building.

Visited March 2014

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“serene”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I visited at the start of lent in order to say my prayer for change . I found the surroundings lovely . I have visited many places of worship all over the world and this is perfect for a wee bit of reflective time as it was very quiet when I visited . It worth a visit if your in Edinburgh , But I wouldn't go specifically for this .

Visited March 2014
Bengaluru, India
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful experience”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Great architecture both external and the interiors. We were lucky to visit it on a Sunday afternoon while the choir was singing and it was such a peaceful experience. Loved the cathedral!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Rinji B
Chicago, Illinois
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Beautiful. Majestic. Organ practice. The space and atmosphere transcended me. The way the sunlight danced across the stone columns were surreal. Sarah, affiliated with the church, was a gracious and welcoming hostess. If I lived here, this would be my church, simply because I felt welcome.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank LuxeConcierge
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“amazing”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

it was historical and proud. I have never seen some other place like before. it is a place you must visit.

Visited September 2013