“Walk past the obvious choice and try the gathering.”

The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #1,876 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Castle / Royal Mile / High St
Description: Contemporary Scottish menu including a range of 100% Scottish Beef Burgers, fresh stone baked pizza from our oven and local classics such as Haggis, neeps ans tatties and Belhaven smoked salmon. Enjoy Runway views in a warm, relaxing space.
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Writing this review from the relaxed atmosphere of the gathering. Light and airy surroundings, in contrast to the dim and stodge ladden air of the weatherspoons across the way.
Greeted and seated eagerly then well served by Vincent our waiter. Yes ! Waiters !!!
Food was excellent and being able to see the chefs at work is gratifying.
I have always found Edinburgh aiport a poor cousin to Glasgow, but this addition to air side has me considering that opinion.

Jonathan M, General Manager at The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hi David and Pauline

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Glad you like our restaurant and that Vincent looked after you.

We look forward to greeting on your next visit.

kind Regards

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

As far as airport restaurants go, the food is not the worst, but neither the best.

The service again was ok, efficient not the friendliest.

Hi Gotopinion

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

In order for me to better understand your comments i wonder if you would be so kind as to email me at jmitchel@dncinc.com

Thanks

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Gathering has a great location in the airport, however that is the only thing that is great. The food and service was awful.

I had the burger and it was truly disgusting. I ended up taking out the meat and just eating the bun. The bruschetta was cold and just chopped put on toast. After complaining about the meal, we got a very quick sorry and the waiter ran away. It was Sunday morning and very quiet.

We were also sat next to a order station which had staff hanging around it, chatting, counting tips, talking about how quiet it was, how crap their tips were etc.

Overall, very disappointed.

1  Thank Mafoo
Jonathan M, General Manager at The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hi Mafoo

Thank you for taking the time to post although i am sorry you did not enjoy your visit to the restaurant and that you did not enjoy your burger, which is one of our most popular dishes.

I would like to gain some additional information about your visit if you would not mind contacting me, either on the number above or via email at jmitchel@dncinc.com.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Gathering has an actual restaurant and lounge, but there is also a nearby takeaway kiosk for tea, coffee, pastries, crepes, sandwiches, etc. Also, for some godforsaken reason, they have haggis and black pepper flavored potato chips. No thanks, I've had haggis twice in 10 days, and that's enough to last a lifetime.

I got a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, toasted. The Scottish salmon was fresh and tasty, without any fishy overtones. Cream cheese is always a good addition to bagels, and this was no exception. The Gathering was great for a quick breakfast before our flight.

Read my other reviews, complete with pictures:

Search "The Barbecue Fiend"

Hi Barbecue Fiend

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Glad you enjoyed your bagel.

Haggis is not for everyone, but a lot of folks around here love it!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Do not go for an Earlybird. Truly disgusting breakfast that had clearly been sitting under heat lamps for a few hours. The fried egg could easily have bounced off the floor and back on to my plate.
Felt sorry for the waitress who had a number of other customers complaining as well.

Jonathan M, General Manager at The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hi Turnbull2013

I am realy sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast with us.

I would like gain a better understanding if you would not mind contacting me, either on the number above or via email at jmitchel@dncinc.com.

Once again my apologies.