“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #1,768 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Castle / Royal Mile / High St
Description: Contemporary Scottish menu including a range of 100% Scottish Beef Burgers, fresh stone baked pizza from our oven and local classics such as Haggis, neeps ans tatties and Belhaven smoked salmon. Enjoy Runway views in a warm, relaxing space.
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Normally getting a quick plate of food before the evening flight is not a time of enjoyment. But give The Gathering a try. Yes, I was jittery waiting to see what came first - my plane or the meal. But there's a great view, both outside and into the kitchen which is enclosed in glass. I had pan-seared cod on a bed of asparagus spears and crushed potatoes.

Tastiest airport meal I've ever had! Succulent and chunky, with a really fresh flavour. Cooked to perfection. And the waiter let me know when it was 5min away, so's I could relax.

• Visited June 2014
Jonathan M, General Manager at The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi Simon B

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Glad you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A RELAXING SPOT TO WAIT FOR YOUR FLIGHT”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Gathering has one of the best locations air side at EDI. Light, clean and with good views over the runway/gates, there's always something to look at.

I was with a colleague, he had the chicken ceasar salad (fresh crispy lettuce, lovely sliced chicken breast and plenty of dressing) whilst I had pan fried cod (moist & perfectly cooked cod with lovely soft crushed potato and vegetables all of which were well seasoned). We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

The staff were friendy and welcoming. Also, I found them to be available when I wanted some more water without being too intrusive with the inevitable 'is everything all right'!

I've eaten in plenty of airport restaurants where the experience was dire, this was not. Price wise I felt it was about right for the food quality, service level and location.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much and I WILL be using it again next time I'm at the airport.

• Visited June 2014
Jonathan M, General Manager at The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Jane M

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your visit to The Gathering.

I am glad that my team looked after you and your colleague and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

kind Regards
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Breakfast no show”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here after seeing the other place next door was very busy, arrived 45 mins before our early morning flight was due to be called, after being given a table our order was eventually taken ( 2 full breakfast and tea ) through the big window into the kitchen it looked like there was only one chef on duty and seemed to be rushing about trying to get everything ready, after around 20 mins our tea arrived but no sign of food, we gave it another 10 mins when the waitress eventually came over and said sorry but we have had to wait on mushrooms arriving!!! Seen as we only had a fee more mins before the flight was called we cancelled and had to leave but to give the waitress her due she wouldn't take payment for the tea, on speaking to other people who were in the other place they were served in less than 10 mins, wish we had went there rather than going hungry onto a early morning flight.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank DreamT117
Jonathan M, General Manager at The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi DreamT117

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

In order for me to better understand your comments i wonder if you would be so kind as to email me at jmitchel@dncinc.com

Kind Regards

Scalloway, United Kingdom
“Walk past the obvious choice and try the gathering.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Writing this review from the relaxed atmosphere of the gathering. Light and airy surroundings, in contrast to the dim and stodge ladden air of the weatherspoons across the way.
Greeted and seated eagerly then well served by Vincent our waiter. Yes ! Waiters !!!
Food was excellent and being able to see the chefs at work is gratifying.
I have always found Edinburgh aiport a poor cousin to Glasgow, but this addition to air side has me considering that opinion.

Jonathan M, General Manager at The Gathering Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi David and Pauline

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Glad you like our restaurant and that Vincent looked after you.

We look forward to greeting on your next visit.

kind Regards

Tianjin, China
“Good location, good drinks, ok food”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

As far as airport restaurants go, the food is not the worst, but neither the best.

The service again was ok, efficient not the friendliest.

Hi Gotopinion

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Thanks