Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
US$273
US$247
Waldorf Astoria
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$849
US$683
Hotels.com
1,355 results
All reviewsclub roomportobello beachleisure facilitiescity centrelauders restaurantswimming poolsteam room and saunasingle roomgood sizebus stopreception staffexcellent hotelbuffet stylenumber bushuge bedbus servicevisiting edinburgh
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband, myself and our dog stayed here for one night. Room was lovely, quiet, and a good size and very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and very helpful and gave us a room near an exit door so that we could easily get outside with our dog. Our breakfast was in the price of our room and was excellent. We were also able to have it in our room which is fantastic with having the dog with us. Hotel is in a good location for Portobello beach and surrounding area, and there is a bus stop just outside where you can hop onto a bus into Edinburgh for £1.50 each way. I would definitely stay here again, and will recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JanetteHP
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay. We do feel that we are a good venue for dog owners with many excellent walks on our doorstep. We look forward to welcoming all 3 of you back again.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I found the hotel better then I was expecting. The free internet and parking was an added bonus. The room was a nice size with two queen size beds. The hotel's breakfast was a rip off so we drove to the Ocean Terminal Shopping center and had a lovely classic English breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yukonpete

Thank you for your kind comments on your stay. Breakfast , if bought when booking your room can be as little as £6.30 per person. We do not consider this to be overpriced in any way, particularly when considering the range of items on offer, but we certainly respect your right to choose a room only rate and take breakfast wherever you wish. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just got back from a 2 night break and at first we were quite impressed,nice room,bar and leisure facilities and the breakfast was excellent,the only thing that spoiled our weekend was being woken in the middle of the night (we didn;t settle to 1am) by a party in one of the nearby rooms singing very loudly,we were about to call reception to complain when we heard what we presumed was another guest hammering on the door and they quietened down,when we checked out this morning reception didn't seem to care.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peter m

I am disappointed to hear of your disturbed night. I understand that one of your fellow guests had also been disturbed by noise and one of our night porters attened a room and asked them to be more considerate to other guests. I think this may be the person who was ‘hammering’ on the door. I am very disappointed if our front deskl staff did not appear sympathetic to your comments in the morning.

Stayed for two nights.
Hotel in good location and facilities good.
Hotel is a little tired in places and needs a little more tender care, but still good value.
I would suggest if offered room 203 decline as right by lift and doors. This is a very noisy room and was disturbed several times by people coming out of lifts, and slamming doors.
Dinner in restaurant very good and reasonably priced.
Bus stop outside takes you straight into Princess Street 44 or 44x. I would suggest that you buy a £3.50 return as travel costs £1.50 per journey. Bus drops off by gardens opposite Jenners, and picks up at the side of Jenners.
Would use the Hotel again, and if thinking about Fringe need to book now.
WIFI free

Room Tip: Use the buses as cheap and reliable. Portbello is great for fish and chip suppers and a walk along the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for posting the review of your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am a bit puzzled about your comments regarding noise in 203 from the lift. I wonder if you may have mis-remembered the room number as 203 at the very far easterly end of the building and at least 40 yards from the nearest lift. We are about to fully refurbish another 22 rooms over the winter as well as general improvements to bedrooms and bathrooms and installation of a new- quiet- lift.
We hope that we can welcome you back next year for a quiet break.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Myself and 5 others and a 1 yr old stayed here on Wednesday 11 September. We got two triple rooms for £77 each including breakfast really good value. When booking we said it was myself and another friends birthday.

When we arrived there were hardly any parking spaces but there are some more at the side of the hotel.

When arriving at reception we were presented with a birthday card and chocolates :) Was a nice touch. Reception staff really friendly they even showed us to our rooms. One of our room wasn't ready but when it was they found us and informed us.

Room 151 was where the boys slept 3 single beds, flat screen telly, ps2 in room so can play games or watch dvds (which u can rent at reception.) Bathroom a nice size too.

The girls were in room 153 had a double bed, and a put me up bed beware bed comfy but sharp edges at bottom of bed if kids with you could be sore if they caught themselves on it. We also had a travel cot in the room. We rented dvds from reception was no charge and reception staff so friendly even offered us popcorn to take to room to eat while watching movie. They didn't even mind that I went down in my onsie.

We had lunch in the we snack bistro really good value and tasty food. We all had sandwiches or paninies. Good atmosphere staff all friendly and dotted on wee one in our group.

Swimming pool in hotel free to use we went there in the morning. There was a nice big pool areas were cornered off for people wanting to swim lengths. There was also a wee baby pool, sauna, steam room and jaquzzi. Spent good hour there was fun. Changing room even had hairdryers there was a nice wee touch.

Breakfast was a buffet breakfast - beans, sausage, bacon, eggs the usual, toast provided on table. There was also tea/coffee and fruit juice. I didn't really like the apple juice but I am a wee fuss pot. There was also yoghurts and muffins/cakes and cereals. Waiting staff were all friendly.

I never went to the bar but the boys said it was a good price and nice atmosphere all the sports on telly too. You could take drinks from bar up to the room.

To get to town centre there is a bus stop just out the hotel number 44 its £1.50 a single ticket can't remember the return price. Remember exact change only some people in my group had never been to the city. Then the bus back you look for stop that has number 44 bus and the bus stops opposite the hotel really handy.

We wish we explored the beach but we only stayed for one night. Would definately stay here again was a great price, comfy sleep and friendly staff :D

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank loula1012

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we looked after you all so well. We look forward to next years birthday visit!