“Good value”

Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Ranked #49 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here just one night to attand function locally. Standard double room was fine, though we reported a problem with the sink and the promised fix never arrived. Staff friendly and helpful though bar staff a bit under-trained.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry that the maintenance issue was not properly dealt with during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Staff at this hotel are very professional, friendly & helpful. We arrived about 2 hours before we were due to check in but the receptionist arranged for the room to be ready within 30 mins. We went to the bar for lunch and the receptionist came through to advise us when our room was ready.
All information regarding the hotel and the surrounding area was offered at check in. The information book in the room was also very informative.
The room itself was spacious, clean and had all amenities including free Wi-Fi. Large comfortable bed.There was some renovations work going on in the corridor outside our room but this had been advised when we checked in with assurances that there would be minimal disturbance which was the case.
We ate in the bistro for our evening meal which was very good. Breakfast in the restaurant had plenty of choice both cooked and continental and again staff were very efficient and friendly.
We used the leisure centre which had a large swimming pool, sauna & Jacuzzi. The facilities were very clean. My husband had a sports massage which was very reasonably priced.
All in all this is a great hotel very close to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the work in our ongoing improvements did not impinge on your stay.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I knew this stay would be a good one by the very warm welcome upon arrival. Not a fake robotic one that you tend to get these days, but genuine people behind the desk.

Bedroom is dated but very clean, tidy and best of all very spacious. Bed is comfortable and the TV is above average in terms of size for a hotel room of this price.

Room rate I chose included breakfast and its exceptional value considering the room, location and staff.

I think Ive found my new favorite hotel for when I visit this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post the review of your recent stay. We hope that this will be the first of many stays with us.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Booked here for close locality for a meeting the following morning in Edinburgh. Paid £47 inc breakfast for a single room but because I am a priority member I got a free upgrade! So, small but adequate double room with double bed, all usual frills, free wi-fi but wasn't particularly strong in my room, still worked ok, good leisure facilities inc steam room, sauna & spa pool, was a little busy with swimming lessons in the pool but still got to use the facilities a little. Large car park although quite full after around 6pm. Only gripe really would be the very creaky floor in my room, didn't bother me too much but must have been annoying for anyone in the room below me! Ate in the adjoining bar/restaurant which was a let down to be honest. Breakfast was serve-yourself type, good selection of hot food, regularly replenished & included in the price. Would definitely stay here if I got the same rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review of your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you experienced a creaky floor. We have over the winter spent time on remedial work on the small section of the hotel with a history of creaks , and has thought all issues were resolved. If you had a chance could you let us know which room you were in so we could revisit the work done.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my first stay in Edinburgh, which was for business reasons, I'll certainly be ensuring that I am booked back into this hotel am I in this area again.
I was in a single room, with a very spacious, comfortable bed, and everything I could need. The room was just the right temperature for me also.
Another thing I found great about the hotel is how 'green' it was, my room key was made from wood and not plastic and the enthusiasm about green issues was presented but not in your face.
On the evening I had a few drinks in Zest bar which had a nice comfy atmosphere and a evening meal in options which was delicious, (I recommend the seafood pasta).
Every member of staff to whom I came in contact with was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.
I was very tempted to stop on another night.

I have told my husband about this and we may have to have a trip together sometime.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your enthusiastic review, we hope to welcome you, and your husband, back at some point in the future.