“Lovely hotel!”

Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersGold level
“Lovely hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We booked our stay through Expedia including flights. We got very good value for money, and ended up in a club room with a huge bed! The facilities were clean, with a nice restaurant and bar. Hotel guests can use the spa next door free of charge too, which was lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megamia
Fifescribe, Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Just to emphasise that the Spa ’next door’ is owned by the hotel but run for us by health and fitness experts ‘Nuffield’.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Hungarian first
Market Rasen, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My friend and I were showing at the Scottish Kennel Club Dog Show 17/5/14 and had a single room each. The reception staff were great on arrival and throughout our one night stay nothing was too much trouble for them, we were even provided with goody bags for our dogs ;-) we ate in the Bistro and being the food critic that I am my friend was worried about what I might think! Brilliant! I ordered two starters thinking they would be on the small side but I was proved wrong. The homemade fish cakes were delicious as were my Camembert wedges. It was too much but I ate it nonetheless because it was so divine!
Our single rooms were spacious enough and we didn't feel claustrophobic. We were away early in the morning so instead of breakfast we arranged a packed lunch which again was perfect.
I'd certainly stay there again :-) well done and thank you for such an enjoyable experience x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vicky H
Thank you for posting the review after your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay – and your dinner. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was working away and stayed at the hotel for two nights.

When I arrived and booked in my reservation was waiting for me at reception and the staff were very helpful and directed me to my room and gave me information about the restaurant or the bistro. I ate in the bistro and found the meal nice and the staff very helpful.

My room was very nice, well decorated and very clean and tidy. Unfortunately my room had a skylight right above the bed and on both mornings I was awaken early (5ish) when dawn occurred and the sun started to shine. On the first morning I did report this to reception to see if the hotel could put a cover over the skylight, unfortunately I found letter under my door on the second day informing me that they could not cover the skylight, so another early morning was had! So in the summer unless you like early morning sun don’t have room 351.

The breakfast was another niggle, it was relaxed and buffet style. Unfortunately on the first morning I had breakfast at 8.30 a.m. but I found the hot cooked breakfast was not very hot. I told the waiting staff and was told that was because the tops had been left off the dishes. On the second morning, again I found the hot breakfast was not hot, the waiting staff offered to reheat it, which I accepted, but it should not have needed to be reheated.

Room Tip: In the summer unless you like early morning sun don’t have room 351.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay. I am sorry that you stay was spoiled by a couple of issues.
The Roof light in your room has a blind but because of its positioning it is not as effective as it should be. In the past we had a blind that covered not just the window but the surround as well. This did exclude much more light, unfortunately the number of cords and ropes needed to operate the blind required some considerable dexterity. We took this down in the interest of safety! Unfortunately have not found another suitable solution, so far, but your review has brought the matter to the forefront of our maintenance team again and we will look at getting a better solution in place for your next stay with us.
I am sorry that your breakfast was not as hot as it should have been. Since we invested in new heated display units and new dishes that has seldom been a problem. But the key to keeping things hot , as you say, is to keep the lids on. Staff obviously need to be more alert to guests taking them off and leaving them off. I will raise this with our food and beverage team.
Thank you for taking the time to raise these points.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at the end of may very happy with the hotel, it was very clean and the the rooms are very spacious.

The staff are very pleasant and are ready to help when asked, great location as your not direct in the city centre however there is a bus stop outside and can get into town for £3.50 all day ticket and ride only takes roughly 10 mins.

Taxi's are expensive they only have black and white no local taxi's so bus is the best option if your having a night out.

Princess street is the best place to shop and leads on to rose street which has a lot of bars and restaurants.

will be staying here again when return to Edinburgh later in the year

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank natalie n
Thank you for posting your review of your stay, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Local taxis are available via our reception and the drivers are always happy to give you business cards with contact numbers for return journeys. These taxis are about 20% cheaper that standard metered black cabs.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at Best Western again for Musselburgh races. Continued to maintain high standard.
Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Arrived early on raceday and room was made ready, with nothing too much trouble. Once again meals were excellent and hotel atmosphere perfect.
Utilised gymnasium and pool which are both good. Since last Review upgrades are evident and
this hotel still rising. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fifescribe, Owner at BEST WESTERN Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review.Its god to hear that opur vcostomers are noticing the continued investment into the hotel.
Avoch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location just on outskirts but has a regular bus service outside front door. All staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate in in the bistro area in the evening and the meal was very nice. We had breakfast and there was a good choice. Close to Portobello beach where we walked the dog which was really nice. We did not use the leisure club but would have had if we had more time. Would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on ground floor which was good because we had our dog but bedroom was quite dark. & firs...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I thought it was really good but the rooms were warm.The cleaning people did there job well.The food was very good even the chocolate moose it was good. Me and my school stayed there for 3 days we thought it was good

Room Tip: open your windows as the heating is effective
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Fifescribe, Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for posting your review following your stay. I am glad that the Chocolate mousse was to your taste!