Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
US$250
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$271
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$266
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$198
Agoda.com
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$202
  • Pool
US$145
1,348 results
All reviewsclub roomportobello beachleisure facilitiescity centrelauders restaurantswimming poolsteam room and saunasingle roomgood sizebus stopreception staffexcellent hotelbuffet stylenumber bushuge bedbus servicevisiting edinburgh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I have stayed at Best Western hotels elsewhere and was very pleased with this one. I was unsure how it would be with it only having a three star rating, but I found it compared very well with four star hotels I have stayed in recently. I had a good sized bedroom which had everything you would want including a plasma TV with freeview (Sky Sports in the bar downstairs). Furniture and décor was of good quality and the bed very comfortable. The standard of cleanliness in my room was high.
Dinner in the restaurant was enjoyable from an a la carte menu which offered a good choice. Service was satisfactory (not too fussy!) and the food well cooked. Same was true of breakfast.
I found this a very comfortable hotel with pleasant staff and a good range of facilities. They know how to look after business people and don’t charge single visitors the silly rates quoted by some hotels. Bedrooms have free wi-fi access and there’s plenty of on-site parking as well. I will book here again, and recommend it to colleagues.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed in this hotel for about 6 weeks as I was working nearby and I have very mixed feelings about what to put in the review.
Pros -
good staff, friendly and professional. always helpful.
the restaurant food is really good. We went through the whole menu probably and didn't get a bad meal.
We also used the bar/cafe quite a lot for lunch and this was always good as well.
free wifi throughout the hotel
Cons -
the rooms. There is one section that has been upgrade and these are adequate but some of the other rooms are in need of a big overhaul. Its a big of an odd layout finding some as they have been added on at different times.

If I had been paying for it myself I think the standard of some of the rooms would have upset me and overridden the positives but as work was covering it I tried not to think about them too much.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel near Edinburgh. I have stayed in many hotels in the city but this has got to be the best. The rooms,the food. the leisure club absolutely wonderful and nothing is too much bother for the staff. The lovely breakfast really sets you up for the day and with the bus stop almost outside you are in the city in a very short time. The bus also goes past the Playhouse Theatre so it is very convenient all round. This is a privately owned family run hotel and the owners always appear to be on hand. So an excellent hotel indeed especially for a city break. 1st. class.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I stayed here the first three nights of my trip to the UK. Free parking was great, was greeted warmly at reception, even given a coupon for a free drink. Room was quite small but I expected that, but had a flat-screen TV with lots of channels. Bathroom was very clean. Room had a large closet. Only problem I had with the room was a very squeaky board on the floor near the bathroom entrance that got pretty annoying after awhile as it physically stuck up from the floor. Free breakfast with the room was very good, though one of the three mornings, the waitress who seated me didn't seem interested in me and I didn't see her after she sat me down. But it's a small complaint and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2009

My mother stays in this hotel when she is in Edinburgh on business and she booked us in for a weekend break and we really enjoyed it. We found our way to the hotel very easily and the big carpark meant no trouble parking. We had forgotten our booking details but it didn’t seem to bother the receptionist who gave us a nice welcome.
Our room was quite big and had a new looking bathroom with a really good shower. Nice toiletries were provided as well as hairdryer a coffee tray and a brand new TV.
Everything in the bedroom and bathroom was very clean, and everywhere we saw looked the same.
Breakfast from the buffet were excellent each morning. We had dinner in the bistro on the Sunday night and it was really good. Not too flash or pricey, but a really good selection. We did not have other meals in the hotel because we were partying in town, but the restaurant dinner menu looked fine. As others have said there are plenty buses from outside the hotel which we used to go up town and it only took 20 minutes. There are night buses as well which was good for us getting back.
On the Sunday after breakfast we went to the spa which was great. Theres a big pool and a jackuzzi which helped our hangover! There is a garden behind the hotel, but it was too cold to sit out.
The hotel seemed busy but it was quiet in the bedroom area. All in all we enjoyed our stay and have booked to stay again when we’re in Edinburgh for a wedding in October.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple