Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Hotels.com
US$150
US$113
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$272
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$117
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$79
  • Bar/Lounge
US$80
US$63
Agoda.com
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$130
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$246
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
  • Pool
1,424 results
All reviewscomplimentary mini baryork placeaveda toiletriesirn brutram stopjohn lewisrain showerfresh milkroad worksjunior suitelovely hotelplayhouse theatrehotel barbed was very comfortablefull scottish breakfastprincess streethigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I decided to take my partner away for a few days for her birthday and we decided to visit Edinburgh. We viewed several hotels online and we decided to visit Hotel Indigo. On arrival we were very pleased to discover that we had been upgraded from out King Bed room to the Junior Suite (One of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stopped in). The staff at the hotel were very friendly and polite and were eager to make sure all our queries or requests were handled to the best of their capability. The breakfast in the hotel was also great. I would definitely visit again for a full Scottish breakfast.

Overall our stay was fantastic. Edinburgh is an amazing place to visit and i would look no further than choosing the Hotel Indigo when stopping again.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at Hotel Indigo for one night in late May. We got the basic king room, I believe, and the rate included breakfast since the hotel just opened not too long ago.

The location is fantastic and was a quick 10-minute walk from Waverly station. Check-in was a breeze; hotel employees were courteous, helpful and kind. While the room was on the small side, it didn't feel cramped at all. I loved the modern, vibrant decor (lots of orange) and appreciated all the tech-friendly details (free WiFi, huge flat-screen TV, complete with speakers in the bathroom), even though I couldn't quite figure out how to turn the sound OFF in the bathroom.

Bathroom was large, modern and clean. Loved the shower and my hair really loved the complimentary Aveda shampoo and conditioner. :)

I really appreciated the complimentary items in the minibar, especially the bottled water and Pringles (really came in handy after a few hours spent at nearby Bramble cocktail lounge).

Only quibble about the room was the one of the decorative pillows had some obvious stains on one side of it. It sort of made me wonder about housekeeping and their attention to detail, but the room as a whole was clean, so I wasn't too concerned.

We encountered absolutely no noise during our stay and slept wonderfully. In fact, we slept so long that we just missed the window for a hot breakfast. Fortunately, hotel staff offered us a basket of pastries and fresh coffee, which we appreciated.

As I mentioned, the location is central. From the hotel, we comfortably walked to the Royal Botanic Garden one day, then to Old Town on another. Close to restaurants, shops and public transport. The national portrait gallery is right down the street, as well.

All in all, a great stay at Hotel Indigo. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Nice hotel, poor parking. You have to park 5 minute walk away at the local ncp at a nice 20 pound every 24 hours. This is not included in hotel price or mentioned at booking. Thanks!

4  Thank reviewer870
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you liked our hotel but disappointed about your review regarding car parking at the hotel.

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh's New Town which is in the city center. We do offer 5 parking spaces that are located a short walk from the hotel at a cost of £12 per night. These spaces need to be prebooked through the hotel directly which we clearly state in our email confirmations. As a second option there are two multi storey car parks within a short walk from the hotel which will charge around £20 for 24 hours.

I have discussed your comments with our managers to avoid future disappointment when staying with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Stay original,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Fantastic hotel
Great staff and spacious modern rooms
Highly recommend

Dear SW44London,

Thank you very much to take the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team has looked after.

I am delighted that you are recommending us and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay curious,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here in late May having been regulars in IC hotels across the globe, but this was our first stay in an Indigo.

We were met by the ever-present Steven (Concierge) who showed us to our room. The room was fairly compact and had a 3/4 king bed and a large 37in flat screen TV at the foot of it.

The bathroom had a separate bath and rain shower and had lovely Adeva toiletries, The complimentary mini bar was re-stocked verey day with still and sparkling water, cookies and tunnocks caramel wafer and some fruit juice. The kettle arrangement had a rannge of teas and coffee's as well as lovely Scottish shortbread and 'Oaties'.

The bed was comfortable, ialthough probably a little smaler than we would have expected, but the chocie of television channels was very good and complimentart wi-fi is a welcome touch.

The bar in the Indigo is cozy, but they have a very good selection of both bottled beers and draught lagers, as well as a decent cocktail list and the lovely Segafredo coffee.

On the second night of our stay we ate in the restaurant, the Turquoise Thistle, and have to y we were pretty impressed.

My wife had an entree of salmon tartare with a timbale of crab which was beautifully light and delicate, bit with lovely fresh seafood flavours.

For mains my wife had the halibut (slow cooked for hours) and I had the aged rib of beef.

The halibut was deliciously soft and creamy with really good flavours, probably one of the best fish dishes I have tasted in a long time, if not ever.

However, the aged rib steak was a real disappointment

Whilst the flavours of the cooked bits were very good, the majority of it was slightly chewy and the sinew running through the middle really didn't help the texture. The triple cooked chips that came with the steak were however first rate.

The desserts were a revelation!

my wife had their apple and cinnamon doghnut which was crisp, warm and sweet and sat on a beautiful vanilla panna cotta, whilst I had the trio of desserts which included the most lovely tequila sunrise jelly - absolute genius.

Overall, we had a great stay at the Indigo and would highly recommend to anyone

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glossopshark

Dear Glossopshark,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and also enjoyed your dinner at the Turquoise Thistle Restaurant. The halibut dish that your wife had for main course is a dish created by one of our chefs who is currently in the finals for Scotland's young chef of the year. His talent really comes through in the dishes he has proposed for our menus and I hope you will join us in keeping your fingers crossed for him.

I have discussed your comments regarding the rib eye steak with our head chef and he has since gone back to our supplier to ensure we receive the quality of Angus beef we would like to serve our guests.

I will certainly pass your comments on to our entire team and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the future.

Stay original,