“Great Hotel,Great Customer Sevice”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #65 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We spent a night at Hotel Indigo recently and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are chic, bright and on the whole very nice. The king bedded room we had, had lots of space and a small area with a chaise longe, which I thought was fab! Complimentary goodies inthe mini fridge was a nice added touch and plenty of tea/ coffee/ hot choc etc. The bed was one of the comfiest hotel beds that I have slept in ...zzzzzzzz, and despite being at basement level and on to the street, there was no noise. Breakfast is excellent and yummy. We had a slight tiny minor problem with the rain shower as I think the drain was blocked and the water overflowed into bathroom. We mentioned this to the manager at the reception desk (just so that they were aware so that they could get it fixed). The water was cleaned up immediately, we received an apology and a discount of 50% from the bill for the inconvenience - amazing customer service. We were well impressed with Hotel Indigo and will most definitely be back - thank you for looking after us and being so fab!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and was blown away by the level of service I received from the outset. The staff were friendly and eager to help with any situation and I felt like a highly honored guest at all times. The suite I was given on the second floor was the nicest I have ever stayed in, I particularly liked the decor and the surround sound speaker system. The breakfast catered for everyone and was of the highest quality - I particularly enjoyed tucking into the fresh fruit daily followed by delicious patisserie pastries. The location was also amazing just a few minutes walk from the station and the centre. Overall, I had a fantastic stay in Edinburgh and I would highly recommend this unique hotel. Thank you Hotel Indigo for a wonderful visit to Edinburgh!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is a new hotel which helps, but it is well decorated and offered excellent service.
The room I had was decorated in a "trendy" style and very much a breath of fresh air from the anonymous hotel rooms that are on offer.
The hotel is located a brisk walk from the train station and close to a complex offering the usual brand outlets - Pizza Hut pubs and other bars. Its also next door to John Lewis.
The car park only has space for 5 bays but i found some on street parking (free overnight) very close by.

I would definitely reomend this hotel if you are looking for a good quality hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This relatively newly opened hotel is in a good location in the `New Town'. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We had a suite with good views. As with all the Indigos we've stayed at, complimentary refreshments are provided in the refrigerator and there is a rain shower plus a flexible hand shower. There are tea and coffee making facilities (and they even provided fresh milk in the fridge).The decor of the suite was bright and modern. The towels and linen were of excellent quality.The `Scottish' breakfast was cooked to order and consisted of high quality ingredients. There is also a cold selection of packaged cereals, croissants, hams, smoked salmon, yoghurts and fresh fruit (both sliced and whole). Car parking can be an issue in Edinburgh, but we were told there is a multi storey car park nearby. We opted to park on one of the streets just a short distance away where car parking charges applied between 08.30 and 18.30 (with no charges on Sundays). We only needed to pay for a couple of hours. If we had wanted to walk just a little more into another car parking zone, fees stopped at 17.30.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marks069
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I decided to take my partner away for a few days for her birthday and we decided to visit Edinburgh. We viewed several hotels online and we decided to visit Hotel Indigo. On arrival we were very pleased to discover that we had been upgraded from out King Bed room to the Junior Suite (One of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stopped in). The staff at the hotel were very friendly and polite and were eager to make sure all our queries or requests were handled to the best of their capability. The breakfast in the hotel was also great. I would definitely visit again for a full Scottish breakfast.

Overall our stay was fantastic. Edinburgh is an amazing place to visit and i would look no further than choosing the Hotel Indigo when stopping again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at Hotel Indigo for one night in late May. We got the basic king room, I believe, and the rate included breakfast since the hotel just opened not too long ago.

The location is fantastic and was a quick 10-minute walk from Waverly station. Check-in was a breeze; hotel employees were courteous, helpful and kind. While the room was on the small side, it didn't feel cramped at all. I loved the modern, vibrant decor (lots of orange) and appreciated all the tech-friendly details (free WiFi, huge flat-screen TV, complete with speakers in the bathroom), even though I couldn't quite figure out how to turn the sound OFF in the bathroom.

Bathroom was large, modern and clean. Loved the shower and my hair really loved the complimentary Aveda shampoo and conditioner. :)

I really appreciated the complimentary items in the minibar, especially the bottled water and Pringles (really came in handy after a few hours spent at nearby Bramble cocktail lounge).

Only quibble about the room was the one of the decorative pillows had some obvious stains on one side of it. It sort of made me wonder about housekeeping and their attention to detail, but the room as a whole was clean, so I wasn't too concerned.

We encountered absolutely no noise during our stay and slept wonderfully. In fact, we slept so long that we just missed the window for a hot breakfast. Fortunately, hotel staff offered us a basket of pastries and fresh coffee, which we appreciated.

As I mentioned, the location is central. From the hotel, we comfortably walked to the Royal Botanic Garden one day, then to Old Town on another. Close to restaurants, shops and public transport. The national portrait gallery is right down the street, as well.

All in all, a great stay at Hotel Indigo. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Nice hotel, poor parking. You have to park 5 minute walk away at the local ncp at a nice 20 pound every 24 hours. This is not included in hotel price or mentioned at booking. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank reviewer870
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you liked our hotel but disappointed about your review regarding car parking at the hotel.

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh's New Town which is in the city center. We do offer 5 parking spaces that are located a short walk from the hotel at a cost of £12 per night. These spaces need to be prebooked through the hotel directly which we clearly state in our email confirmations. As a second option there are two multi storey car parks within a short walk from the hotel which will charge around £20 for 24 hours.

I have discussed your comments with our managers to avoid future disappointment when staying with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Stay original,