“Mixed emotion”

Ranked #71 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Mixed emotion”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at the hotel Indigo over the weekend and had a nice trip in mind for our trip out to Edinburgh, however I must point out that the rooms are really small and have a really strange smell to them and most of the technology in the room from their phone to the media hub and tv didn't work, although some one was suppose to come have a look at it no one did, and I also sense the general feeling is that no one cares enough about the actual people that stay in the hotel.

If you want to be treated like a civil human being I'll choice a cheaper much better alternative

Room Tip: A good room will be in another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Ted,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is a boutique hotel situated in 5 typical townhouse buildings and as such our rooms vary in size.

I would like to apologise for the lack of care that was taken when dealing with your comments. This is certainly not a reflection on the service standards we are so proud in providing and I will investigate this further with our managers.

I would very much like the opportunity to speak to you in person at a time that is suitable to you. Should you wish to do so please contact me by email on dominic@hiedinburgh.co.uk or directly at the hotel on +44 (0)131 556 5577.

I hope that we can restore your faith in our beautiful hotel and I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Dominic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2012

New hotel in the New Town of Edinburgh. Staff are very attentive and the rooms are quite modern with interesting colours. Very comfortable bed with a spacious room. Be aware that some rooms are quite small but mine was more than adequate. The executive rooms are even bigger again. My friends and I ate at the restaurant one night for dinner. I had no problem with my food but my friends were not impressed with an overdone steak and what seemed to be a different meat to what was ordered. The Internet provided by the hotel is free however you have to get a new login every 24 hours for every device you have. A real pain to be honest. Also, if you are not as agile as you once were, be aware that the place has lots of stairs. However, given the standard of service, I'm sure if you mentioned this, the staff would do their best to help you out. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay. The staff are great and a pleasure to deal with. The minor quibbles will be ironed out fairly quickly I'm sure.

• Stayed June 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

3 night weekend stay, great service throughout all areas, staff very friendly and attentive, cocktails in the bar a must! king bedded superior rooms are excellent, large and airy, great walk in shower, free wifi and comp items in the mini bar much appreciated, Scottish breakfast with haggis just outstanding, great location for everything Edinburgh has to offer, Hotel Indigo thank you for a great stay

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 911dkw
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We spent a night at Hotel Indigo recently and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are chic, bright and on the whole very nice. The king bedded room we had, had lots of space and a small area with a chaise longe, which I thought was fab! Complimentary goodies inthe mini fridge was a nice added touch and plenty of tea/ coffee/ hot choc etc. The bed was one of the comfiest hotel beds that I have slept in ...zzzzzzzz, and despite being at basement level and on to the street, there was no noise. Breakfast is excellent and yummy. We had a slight tiny minor problem with the rain shower as I think the drain was blocked and the water overflowed into bathroom. We mentioned this to the manager at the reception desk (just so that they were aware so that they could get it fixed). The water was cleaned up immediately, we received an apology and a discount of 50% from the bill for the inconvenience - amazing customer service. We were well impressed with Hotel Indigo and will most definitely be back - thank you for looking after us and being so fab!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and was blown away by the level of service I received from the outset. The staff were friendly and eager to help with any situation and I felt like a highly honored guest at all times. The suite I was given on the second floor was the nicest I have ever stayed in, I particularly liked the decor and the surround sound speaker system. The breakfast catered for everyone and was of the highest quality - I particularly enjoyed tucking into the fresh fruit daily followed by delicious patisserie pastries. The location was also amazing just a few minutes walk from the station and the centre. Overall, I had a fantastic stay in Edinburgh and I would highly recommend this unique hotel. Thank you Hotel Indigo for a wonderful visit to Edinburgh!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is a new hotel which helps, but it is well decorated and offered excellent service.
The room I had was decorated in a "trendy" style and very much a breath of fresh air from the anonymous hotel rooms that are on offer.
The hotel is located a brisk walk from the train station and close to a complex offering the usual brand outlets - Pizza Hut pubs and other bars. Its also next door to John Lewis.
The car park only has space for 5 bays but i found some on street parking (free overnight) very close by.

I would definitely reomend this hotel if you are looking for a good quality hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Derbyshire
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This relatively newly opened hotel is in a good location in the `New Town'. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We had a suite with good views. As with all the Indigos we've stayed at, complimentary refreshments are provided in the refrigerator and there is a rain shower plus a flexible hand shower. There are tea and coffee making facilities (and they even provided fresh milk in the fridge).The decor of the suite was bright and modern. The towels and linen were of excellent quality.The `Scottish' breakfast was cooked to order and consisted of high quality ingredients. There is also a cold selection of packaged cereals, croissants, hams, smoked salmon, yoghurts and fresh fruit (both sliced and whole). Car parking can be an issue in Edinburgh, but we were told there is a multi storey car park nearby. We opted to park on one of the streets just a short distance away where car parking charges applied between 08.30 and 18.30 (with no charges on Sundays). We only needed to pay for a couple of hours. If we had wanted to walk just a little more into another car parking zone, fees stopped at 17.30.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple