“Great Hotel, good location!”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #63 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Yorkshire
“Great Hotel, good location!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed here for our annual Christmas shopping trip, great room and staff. We had afternoon tea on arrival which was good, look forward to returning again for next years trip. Only negative was the distance to the car park, but it was handy for shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YorkshireTraveller72
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Yorkshire Traveller 72,

Thank you very much for writing such kind words about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

We certainly are in a great location to explore all that Edinburgh has to offer. From the Playhouse theatre, over the designer shops on Multrees walk, to the bars and Pubs on Rose and George street.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon and please do let us know when you will be arriving and our concierge will be happy to help with luggage and car parking.

Dominic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Hurley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We arrived late on Friday evening and were greeted by very friendly and helpful reception staff. We were given a room upgrade, which is always a great start. The check in was quick, simple and efficient. The room, although not massive, was very nice. A very contemporary style, comfortable and very clean. The complimentary mini bar is a nice touch (no alcohol). The shower room was very nice, with a 'rainfall' shower head. The bed was very comfortable and two very good nights sleep followed.
The bar and restaurant are stylish and comfortable, if I had any complaint it would be that service was extremely slow.... but as we were having a lazy weekend, we weren't too bothered. The breakfast was exceptional! The hotel is very centrally located, being only a few minutes walk from Princes Street and the Royal Mile.
BEST TIP. contact the hotel first to get the exact location for the taxi to drop you off, as, due to the tram line works, you can't get to the door of the hotel. Our driver dropped us off almost 1/2 a mile away, only to find that we could have got to within 100m!!!
A great hotel, with great service. We recommend it.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are really quiet as they are to the back of the hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for writing a great review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed all the comforts of your bedroom. It is also great to hear that you have enjoyed your breakfast and please do accept my apologies if the service was not as speedy as you expected. We do prepare all our cooked breakfast from scratch but have reviewed the cooking process in order to serve all our guests as quickly as possible.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon to our neighbourhood.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night for my boyfriends birthday and couldn't fault it. The hotel rang me on the Thursday before my stay asking if I had any special requirements and warning me of the road works which are taking place in Edinburgh which was really nice of them. The rooms are fairly small as it is based in an old town-house style building, but the décor and the stylish bathroom more than made up for the size. There was a complimentary mini bar of soft drinks and snacks, and the bathroom had lots of lovely Aveda products. We also stayed for breakfast which was also brilliant, although it would have been expensive if we hadn't got it included in our room package.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kate,

Thak you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us especially as it was for such a special occasion. We do aim to contact all our guests before their stay as a matter of curtesy to help with travel arrangements etc. I will certainly pass your comments regarding our breakfast on to the Turquoise Thistle team as they work very hard to make sure all our guests receive a great breakfast to set them up for the day.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Staff couldn't have been more helpful. We arrived early, and they arranged a room and took our bags up while we enjoyed a drink in the bar. The room service was fresh, tasty and delivered very quickly. The room made clever use of space - well designed, comfortable and full of extras such as bathrobes and great toiletries. Breakfast was included, and was very tasty. Fab location and well worth visiting.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Walker,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our teams friendly Scottish welcome. Our Turquoise Thistle team are very proud of only delivering the best local produce and you can taste that at breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and also room service.

I will certainly pass your comments on to our team and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Stay original,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We choose the hotel primarily for the location, as it is new everything is fresh and clean. Rooms small and our room was so hot it took 2 hours to cool down. We opened the window, turned on the a/c and turned off a boiling hot towel rail to achieve this. The bar lacks atmosphere, but the food is worth a try. Waiting staff friendly but do not multi task well, the night we stayed whilst the bar and restaurant did have tables occupied, it was not madly busy and yet service was slow with the staff preferring to chat amongst themselves. Breakfast only ok, fruit out of a can, bacon and egg was very good though. Toiletries not replenished.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem best here
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Whistlestop,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am glad you have enjoyed the central location of our hotel. We are certainly ideally located to explore everything Edinburgh has to offer. I am disappointed to hear that you have found service to be slow and that breakfast was not totally to your liking. I can assure you however that all the fruit, bread, pastry and cooked breakfast is made fresh every day. Even our fruit salad and cut citrus slices are prepared every day.

I will certainly discuss your comments with our management team.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

Stay original,

London
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The hotel interiors are quite unique and I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Located close to the city centre gives easy access to tourist places, business offices and other events happening around the city. The room has unique interiors which is amazing. The hotel service was good and the hotel was value for money. If only I could point out to drawbacks would be a slow wifi connection which may affect business users but holiday makers wont mind a lot. Although the room size is smaller tha normal hotel rooms, it is still comfortable and cosy. The hotel is very well maintained and I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reenav,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the location and comfort of our hotel and you will be happy to hear that we have increased the speed of our complimentary WiFi.

I will certainly discuss your comments with our team and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

coventry
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed here for my hen weekend with a group of friends and we all loved the hotel. Rooms and overall decor were lovely and we loved the boutique style of the hotel. We didn't eat in the hotel but the food all looked great as well as the restaurant attached to the hotel. The hotel is in a fantastic location and walking distance to Harvey Nics and the shopping of Princes Street and nightlife of George Street (although maybe not drunk and in heels).
The staff were overall very good, apart from one particular female team member who was very rude both in the afternoon on reception and whilst serving on the bar later. However, the General Manager more than made up for this with his service and his apologises when i mentioned his team member. It was also a lovely and welcome treat (esp after a few too many) to find that he had arranged sandwiches in our room for when we got back that night.
My partner and I got engaged in Edinburgh and i loved bringing the girls back for my hen - i now can't wait to return to Hotel Indigo with my partner for another trip to the beautiful Edinburgh!

Room Tip: All of our rooms were gorgeous and i believe the same quality will be across the whole hotel :-)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your hen weekend. We are certainly in an ideal location to make the most of the nightlife on George street.

I am glad you enjoyed your little treat and have discussed your comments with the team member concerned.

I do hope that we can welcome you and your partner back to stay with us.