“Lovely and romantic stay in Edinburgh!”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #69 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We could not have asked for a better place to stay in Edinburgh! The accommodations were superb (many thanks to the staff for the special room since we were on our honeymoon!) and the staff were incredibly attentive, both at the front desk and the bar, where we enjoyed spending an evening. There were locals there as well, which is always a good sign. The free mini-bar was a great touch! We enjoyed trying local specialties from it. Can't wait to return! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street, which is not particularly busy (or at least, we couldn't hear a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Cherie R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I would like to congratulate you again to your recent wedding and thank you for choosing to spend some of your honeymoon with us. Our team pride themselves in providing a personable service that will leave you with great memories of your time in our beautiful city and it is great to hear that you have enjoyed this. I will certainly pass your comments on to the team.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Edinburgh

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were at the hotel Indigo for 4 nights and it was just perfect! The room was well equipped,clean,big enough,cosy and cool decoration. Breakfast was excellent!The buffet was average for me,but breakfast a la carte was delicious and very well cooked. Professional and kind staff! We met a a very nice guy from Housekeeping and he was very helpful (the fact he is from my country,Spain,helps..: ) Location is very good too!I am sure if I come back to Edinburgh I will be back to this hotel!

Dear Asia2005,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay with us at Hitel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the comfort of our hotel and the service of our team.
Our chefs at the Turquoise Thistle restaurant take great pride in sourcing fresh, local produce and you can taste this not only in your full Scottish breakfast but also at lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.

It is great to hear that Juan was especially helpful and I will certainly pass your comments on to him and the rest of the team.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Edinburgh soon, maybe for a typical Hogmanay celebration?

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well decorated and beds are comfy but I have stayed here about four times and only one of those my sleep hasn't been disrupted by noise. Last night was one of the worst nights sleep I've had in a long time. Told the staff in the morning but no compensation was offered. Won't be back

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike_from_belfast
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very disappointed to hear that you have not enjoyed your stays with us. We do value all our guests feedback and please do accept my sincere apologies for the noise you have experienced during the night.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally and should you wish to do so please contact me on dominic@hiedinburgh.co.uk

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed in the Hotel Indigo
Edinburgh for 3nights this week and cannot fault the Hotel or staff at all.
Room was superb and well equipped, food was excellent, and always hot and delivered with a smile , likewise for breakfast, each meal is cooked to order.
There are many cheaper hotels available, but if you want quality and great service then no need to look any further.
Being a smaller hotel, all the staff took time to talk to you. one waiter even phoned Edinburgh Zoo for us to find out a query we had, this sort of attentiveness is rare and we thank all at the Hotel for a very enjoyable break.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 409 Highly recommended
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Trev-Gill-P,

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your 3 night break. Our Turquoise Thistle team take great pride in serving fresh, homemade dishes in a relaxed atmosphere for dinner but also breakfast and afternoon tea. From our 35 day aged Buccleugh steaks to fresh fish from the grill there is something for everyones taste buds.
It is also great to hear that our team were able to look after you and take the time to make your stay that extra bit more memorable. I do hope you have enjoyed your day out at the zoo and maybe even had a chance to see the Pandas.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon again, maybe for some early Christmas shopping.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Just back from a two night stay here.
Our room wasn't ready when we arrived as we were early but they stored our luggage so we could still explore and until our room was ready.
When we got back from looking around the city, our bags were already in our room with the TV turned on with a welcome message which we thought was cool!
The room itself was smaller than we expected but it was clean, nicely decorated and cosy. I can't fault it at all especially with a speaker in the bathroom!
Also loved the complimentary mini fridge with soft drinks and snacks. Tea and coffee bits were brilliant as well - loved the coffee bags!
The fitness centre was good for my partner who is training for a half marathon - she said all the equipment looked brand new.
All in all a great visit - would recommend and stay again.

1  Thank Amy L
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Amy L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay. All of our 60 boutique bedrooms come complete with complimentary mini bar with snacks, soft drinks and fresh milk, tea and coffee facilities with handmade shortbread and oat cakes, complimentary WiFi, luxury Aveda toiletries and all mod cons you can ask for in your TV system.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon, we are also an ideal base if your partner is running the famous Edinburgh marathon being only a 5 minute walk from the start line.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in so far. You have to try the breakfast buffet, its real scottish breakfast and is very tasty! Also had dinner here, the portions could have been a bit bigger. Location is perfect, lots of cool stuff around. If arriving by car have to mind parking (could be difficult (if you want free parking and dont mind walking 10-15 mins do it on Balfour str, otherwise its around 12-15 Pounds for a day). We will definitely return if we are in the city again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Istvan B

Dear Istvan B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our beautiful hotel. We are is a great location to explore all that Edinburgh has to offer within walking distance and we do recommend to travel either by train or plane as you really do not need a car to get around Edinburgh. Should you wish to travel by car we have 5 car parking spaces 200 yards from the hotel which need to be prebooked at £12 per night.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon again, maybe for some Christmas shopping?

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just back from an overnight stay here. Location is excellent, close to The Playhouse and 2 mins to Harvey Nics. Couldn't ask for a better location. Check in was quick, our room was small but just exactly what we needed. Spotless and with a well stocked mini bar which is complimentary. Shower was excellent. Only negative I had was we had a double bed and when we both lay on it felt like we rolled into the middle!! So we did wake up with sore backs!!! Breakfast was amazing. Service was great. We would def go back but would consider booking a room with a king size bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Gill S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have overall enjoyed your time with us. We certainly are in an ideal location to explore everything Edinburgh has to offer whether you are looking for some retail therapy at Harvey Nics, the designer shops on Multrees Walk and George street, sightseeing around the New and Old town or seeing a show at the famous Edinburgh Playhouse theatre. All that is within walking distance.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you have experience in your room. We get great comments about our beds and our housekeeping and maintenance team will be looking into why your bed was not to our high standard. Thank you very much for your feedback.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future, maybe for some early Christmas shopping.