“Loved this hotel!!!”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend and would definitely come back again.

The room was absolutely amazing....beautiful attention to detail and gorgeous features which gave the room a real elegant yet quirky vibe. The bathroom was equally as good with the best power shower ever!!

Breakfast was really good too. Lots of variety and quite simply delicious!

It's only 10 mins walk to the shops and restaurants so what more could you want....goodbye Harvey Nicks until the next time.......

• Stayed: October 2013
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your long weekend with us. We certainly are in a great location to explore everything Edinburgh has to offer. Within walking distance you will find the boutiques and designer shops on George street and Multrees walk and of course Harvey Nicks and Jenners are just around the corner.

Our Turquoise Thistle restaurant team take great pride in only serving the fantastic local produce Scotland has to offer and you can not only taste this in your cooked to order full Scottish but also at afternoon tea or dinner.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon, maybe for some more retail therapy or a visit to Edinburgh's Playhouse theatre.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for a weekend business trip and both its location and the facilities were ideal. It's within a five minute walk of the east end of Princes Street and the main train station and though the street it's on is a major bus route was surprisingly quiet at all times of day and night. The hotel itself is contained in what looks to have been two or three terraced properties, though unlike a lot of places like that the rooms in the different original spaces seem to connect without having lots of internal corridors and uneven staircases. The room was spacious and comfortable, but the bed didn't feel as big as I would expect a king size to be (though I didn't measure it). Food in the restaurant was well cooked and attractively presented, and all the staff were pleasant. The only downside I could identify would be for visitors with a car, as there is no parking though there is restricted street parking not too far away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Theologyprof,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of your weekend business trip with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and hope you have had some spare time to explore a little bit of our neighbourhood. All our rooms have excellent secondary glazing to ensure the hustle and bustle of our vibrant city centre stays outside and you can enjoy a great nights rest. All our Standard and Executive King bedrooms come complete with UK standard king or superking size beds and luxury Egytpian cotton bedding.
We do have 5 car parking spaces available a short 200m walk from the hotel and these need to be prebooked with our reception tea. Should our car park be full we can offer a 10% discount on the St James car park just behind the hotel.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon, maybe for a visit to Edinburgh's Playhouse theatre.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our hotel experience was great, we had no complaints other than some noise from the hallways, Other than that I couldn't fault a thing. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicely decorated and a good size for two people. The high end toiletries were a nice touch and the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the elevator may be quieter. Rooms with a view of Queen street have a far better...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear YasmeenIslam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time in our beautiful city. All our boutique bedrooms come complete with luxury toiletries, fluffy bathrobes and spa inspired rainfall showers.
We are a great base to explore everything that Edinburgh has to offer and hopefully we can welcome you to our neighbourhood soon, maybe for a visit to Edinburgh's number 1 jazz venue, the jazz bar.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with excellent staff. The rooms are well appointed with lovely aveda toiletries, robes and good fluffy towels. The complimentary minibar is a lovely touch. It's a good location and the restaurant looked very nice. My only small issue was that breakfast is not available before 7am. I was only hoping for some toast and a juice to have before I left. I did ask but the chef doesn't start till 630. I totally understand that but with 24 hour room service available, It seemed a little odd that I wasn't able to get some toast. Overall though I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear MelG78,

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the comfort and amenities of our rooms. We certainly are in a great location to explore everything our beautiful city has to offer and are only a 2 minute walk from the Edinburgh Playhouse theatre.

Please do accept my apologies for the issue you have experienced with breakfast. Our full Scottish breakfast is served from 6.30 am on weekdays and 7am on weekends but it is certainly not a problem to get some continental items and tea or coffee before that. I will certainly discuss your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager.

I am delighted to hear that you will stay again and I do hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Fantastic modern hotel . Fab rooms with free complimentary mini fridge items (soft drinks crisps chocolate and water).staff friendly and helpful. Ideal central location only a few minutes away from princess street. Breakfast great though service a bit slow.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Wilma,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your weekend break in our fantastic city. All our 60 boutique bedrooms come complete with complimentary WiFi, free welcome mini bar with snacks, soft drinks and fresh milk and also a media hub to play your favourite tunes.
I will certainly pass your comments regarding breakfast on to our team. We do only use the best local produce and our breakfast is cooked fresh to order but please accept my apologies that breakfast service was not as fast as you expected.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon, maybe for some Christmas shopping.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is nice that I feel like putting a bad review so I know I will always find a room available :) I hope it will not get too popular :)

What to say, one of the best city hotel I have ever been! Small, kind stuff, central, beautiful modern decor with high quality fixtures and fittings. Fantastic breakfast! Definitely in my Favorite list

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Baldavito
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Baldavito,

I am delighted to hear that you have had such a great time with us. I will certainly pass your comments on to our team as it gives us all a great boost when our guests enjoy their stay.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon and to avoid disappointment I can always recommend to book one of our fantastic advance saver rates.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed for one night at this really great hotel. The hotel is nicely done and the rooms are equipped to a high standard. The location is great too with a short walk to the St James centre with access then to Princess Street and Comedy Club, Playhouse and Omni Centre on the doorstep. The restaurant food was first class with a great choice at a reasonable price. All staff we dealt with were very pleasant from reception to bar and restaurant and the management should be proud of the service offered. This is certainly somewhere we would stay again and would recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JT2118,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review of your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us. We certainly are in a great location to explore everything our neighbourhood has to offer and you are within walking distance of the Playhouse theatre where you can see the fantastic Lion King until 18th January.
Our chefs at the Turquoise Thistle Restaurant take great pride in sourcing fresh local produce and turning it into mouth-watering Scottish dishes.

Please do recommend us to your friends and I do hope that we can welcome you back soon.