Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
US$491
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$256
US$271
US$225
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$203
1,425 results
All reviewscomplimentary mini baryork placeaveda toiletriesirn brutram stopjohn lewisrain showerfresh milkroad worksjunior suitelovely hotelplayhouse theatrehotel barbed was very comfortablefull scottish breakfastprincess streethigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was the first Indigo hotel I stayed in and if the rest of them are also like this one-I just love the brand. Very caring front desk staff, excellent location , very close to Princess street, royal mile, The Castle.
Small but very clean and well maintained. They really seem to care for the guests as this was the only hotel that I know of that offers a mini fridge with lots of goodies for free, they restock it everyday. I got my taste of Irnbru form there.There are some very nice restaurants nearby.
I would definitely go there again the next time I am in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We arrived to see a nice building in a great location for the city centre. Staff were helpful and polite from the outset. Our room (109) was visually really nice and had everything we would want for a base from which to explore Edinburgh. The mini fridge with milk and a few soft drinks was nice touch too.

Our main problem was that it was very noisy at night. Part of the problem were the people in the room above us, who made noise until 4am. I complained to the staff and they dealt with it really well. It wasn't ideal but it was a Saturday close to Christmas in a city centre. It happens. A bigger issue was the air conditioning. The system in the room made a rattling sound. Worse was the unit outside our window, which made a constant noise that was intrusive enough to be annoying and keep us both awake for much of the night.

We didn't end up trying the breakfast that we'd paid for as part of our package because we needed the sleep more than the food at the time. We got an apology again as we checked out. It was unfortunate that our experience wasn't a good one because many others clearly rate this hotel highly. I'll try elsewhere next time I'm visiting though.

Room Tip: We'd avoid 109 but I can't speak for any others.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alex9284
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Alex9284,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear about the noise you have experienced during your stay but I am glad that our night team dealt with some of the issues well. I have discussed your comments regarding the airconditioning with our maintenance manager who is looking into the rattling sound. Please do accept my sincere apologies that you didn't manage to get a good nights rest.

Please do contact me directly the next time you are visiting Edinburgh under dominic@hiedinburgh.co.uk and I will ensure we restore your faith in our hotel.

Stay original,

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Found the Indigo to be a great location for me. Handy for shops, entertainment & transport.
Very friendly staff. Room was bright & airy. Lovely comfy king size bed. Quality bathroom toiletries (Aveda). Nice rain forest shower (no bath) Lovely towels & bedding. Free in room mini bar (no alcohol though), Good aircon. In room tea & coffee. Free WiFi in room. Could not ask for more. Shame this was only for one night.
Hot breakfasts are cooked to order, and it is priced cheaper if you pre book. Would not hesitate to stay again. This room (410)was on the front & had a view of the street, however, was very quiet. When the trams start to run in May 2014-they will pass the hotel's front door. Convenient but will it be noisy?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Narrabeam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time in our neighbourhood. We certainly are in a great location to explore everything Edinburgh has to offer and with Edinburgh Waverley train station only a 5 minute walk around the corner getting to the hotel already couldn't be easier. From next spring onwards you will be able to hop on a tram at the airport which will take you straight to our front door. All of our boutique bedrooms have excellent secondary glazing to keep the noise of our busy city centre out and let you get the rest to explore our city.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Stay original,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel has a great location for city centre attractions and shopping. We arrived before official check-in time, however, the staff were most accommodating in taking care of our bags. We went and enjoyed the Christmas market in St Andrews Square. When we got back our room wasn't showing on the system as being ready, we were happy to sit and wait, and Kevin on reception was straight over to offer us a drink for the inconvenience. Highly recommend this hotel, nothing was too much for them to do. Our room was beautiful, it was at the back, so no view, but it was very peaceful and a great nights sleep was had. We didn't have dinner here, but the breakfast was substantial and set us up nicely for the day. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anybody visiting Edinburgh.

Room Tip: I requested a room on any of the upper floors. Also the hotel has a limited number of parking spaces nearby so book early for one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kimchiqueen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and that our team was able to look after you. I will certainly pass your comments on to Kevin and the rest of the team. It gives us all a great boost when our guests enjoy their time in our neighbourhood.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon, maybe for some January sales shopping or a visit to Edinburgh's Playhouse theatre.

Stay curious,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Nice and Central. Will be at the end of the new tram line in 2014 so excellent transfer from Airport.

This is an excellent hotel. The staff were bright and cheerful on check-in (and out). The room was excellent and quite spacious. We were at the back so no view but very quiet. The breakfast was excellent and was to order so was hot and fresh.

The hotel situation is just off St Andrews Square so is close to rail and bus stations. It is very close to the centre for all attractions.

We will not hesitate to stay again. It is not often these days that a hotel stocks its minibar with free items - nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Nsander,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh. You are right we are in a perfect location to explore everything our beautiful city has to offer and from March 2014 you will be able to take the new tram line straight from the airport to our door step.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our teams warm welcome and goodbye and I will certainly pass your comments on to everyone.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon, maybe for some January sales shopping.

Stay curious,