“Hotel Indigo Edinburgh”

Ranked #59 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel Indigo Edinburgh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

A fellow colleague and I stayed one night on the way to a work conference. We were most impressed with the hotel and the staff and it was a shame we only stayed one night. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a short stay in Edinburgh as it is central small clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rosemary C
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Rosemary C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your short stay in our beautiful city. We certainly are in a great location to explore everything Edinburgh has to offer. It is also great to hear that you have enjoyed your freshly cooked Scottish breakfast.

You have rated us 3 points overall with a very positive review and I wondered whether this was an error or whether you had further feedback regarding your stay. Should this be the case I would be keen to discuss this directly and please do not hesitate to contact me under dominic@hiedinburgh.co.uk

Stay original,

Dominic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Washington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The rooms were great. Really nicely decorated and really well provided for. It is a great touch to have the free mini bar. The whole hotel is really nicely decorated. Not traditional at all so if that's your thing I would steer clear. It can be a bit noisy on the front, but you're in a hotel in the city centre so what can you expect really. The location is great. Really handy for George St and a short hop to Princess St. Tram stop and bus stops directly outside. The staff were really helpful and even allowed an early check in. Fantastic. My only complaint is about the media hub, it wasn't working when we got there. I reported it, the duty manager was great and although he couldn't fix it he got us a headphone jack to play music through the clock radio which was fine. He also said he would get maintenance to look at it the next day. I'm not sure if maintenance came or not. We didn't get any message and the media hub still wasn't working. A minor point, but it would have been good to have an update or have the media hub fixed.

Room Tip: Try and get a room off the front street. The view may not be as good but the sleep may be.
1 Thank micconuk
Holden, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was a perfect stay at a wonderful hotel. We love Hotel Indigos and this one did not disappoint! Our room was in a quiet area (not much of a view but we didn't stay in a lot anyway). The bathroom was lovely; very clean and spacious. Really no complaints I can think of-we loved it. The location is close to many things and just a short walk to many others. The free mini bar was stocked and great. Check-in was smooth.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Binfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed at Hotel Indigo for just one night and it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Indigo is a boutique hotel in style, whilst being part of the intercontinental chain. Being boutique it offers large trendy rooms but there is an element of style over substance. My room had 7 lamps for example, which was silly. There was also a chaise lounge but it's position in the room rendered it useless.

The TV was positioned at foot of bed meaning it could only be watched from the bed!

Tea coffee and some treats in the fridge which was a nice touch.

Staff were friendly and went the extra mile however service in the bar was poor despite me being the only guest!

Breakfast was cooked to order and was more than adequate.

The price was higher than I would normally spend and around £35 higher in Edinburgh than the same night in Glasgow's Indigo. My main gripe was parking and prospective guests need to be aware parking is some distance from the hotel and access difficult as well as being a pricey £12 a night. You have to get access fob from reception but in my case the receptionist had to come out to the pavement to deliver it to me. I would certainly not advise anyone to park outside the hotel (as the hotel twice suggested I should) however briefly to get the fob. The double yellow and triple yellow lines mean stopping is prohibited and you will almost certainly get a ticket and be fined. Particularly when the trams start. The hotel needs to find a better solution to this issue.

So whilst it was fine and comfortable it was expensive, for the ICHG chain, and not a price I would pay again especially with the parking issues. It is however very nice and many will enjoy the trendy nature of the hotel.

Room Tip: Facing the front must be better than looking out to the rear
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Binman62
Dear Binman62,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us overall. I am disappointed however to hear that the parking arrangement did not meet your expectations. As a city centre hotel space is very restricted and we have therefore rented 5 parking spaces which are located 0.2 miles behind the hotel. I certainly agree you should not stop in a prohibited area and I will discuss this with our Front office manager to ensure the right information is passed on to our guests. There is a loading bay on Elder street, 100 yards from the hotel and our reception team are more than happy to take the key fob to you and collect your luggage at the same time.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Stay curious,

Dominic
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed over sat 15th Feb for my husbands birthday and were not disappointed. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous not to mention the bathroom. I phoned Friday 14th before 1pm to see about an early checkin and spoke to a girl she who was really bubbly n just lovely. We were checked in by another lovely girl just after 1pm on the 15th, the checkin was 5/5 so efficient & very welcoming she made us feel at total ease.
The room was 5 star from a complimentary mini bar filled with handy things like fresh milk a selection of different tees n coffees,fizzy juice,water,crisps biscuits the lot was a lovely touch.The interiors were gorgeous n dont get me started on the bathroom!! I could barely pull myself out of that waterfall shower to get ready for our night out it was so lush! There was even a volume button in the bathroom so you could listen to whatever was on the tv. Toiletries were all The White Company nothing seamed to be scrimped on quality.

We decided to have few drinks in the bar n were served by a tall dark haired young guy who came across as very professional but really friendly. We sat and had a few drinks in the lounge area then made our way up to our room.

Breakfast was absolutely gorgeous and the waiting staff very attentive especially the guy with the cropped ginger hair and the young french? waiter. Also the housekeeping staff (younger foreign guy) was so curteous smiling and said hello whenever we went past. Makes all the difference. We actually left him unopened beers,kopperberg and juice that we never touched I hope he got them and didnt get into any trouble, we did leave a note for HK as well. (room 306)

Checkout was just as good as checkin with the same girl being on both times. She remembered our name,Nightingale and was a pleasure to speak to. This girl is in the right dept. Reception is the face of a company and your checkout should be just as good as the checkin. I hope our praises get passed on to her she made us feel really welcome.

I would have rated 5/5 for the service and it does pain me to take 1 star off as everyone has been so amazing! But i'm afraid there was a girl who really annoyed us with her attitude she was the evening receptionist,slim,long black hair,foreign possibly polish. As we walked in she was to busy typing something into the computer,she never looked up there was NO eye contact or friendly smile.We went to the desk to ask for a bottle opener as we couldnt see any in our room. You would think we had 2 heads the way she looked at us. She was so cheeky and rude basically said no and looked away not very good customer service at all, we were left standing at the desk like a pair of idiots! The bar is merely inches away from reception she should have offered to get us one instead of my husband having to go and ask the bar tender.
She should not be on reception if that is the attitude she has. She wasnt the least bit bothered. There is a language barrier n then theres just rudeness n she was extremly rude! We didnt want to say anything as didnt wanna ruin our night but that girl needs re-trained or put in a dept where she isnt dealing with guests.

Other than the above comment we have had a wonderful stay! We took a brochure away with us and will be using your hotels again when we travel!

3 Thank chesterchops
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for my husbands birthday the room was amazing (409) very spacious and very modern. The free mini bar was great and the large bathroom with rain shower and great toiletries and dressing gowns couldn't a be faulted it was spotless.

The check in was fast and although we arrived early our room was ready. The lady on reception gave us a map and pointed out the best places to visit!

Breakfast was fab lots of choice and hot breakfast cooked to order. We had afternoon tea on Sunday and again lots of choice and fabulous service staff very attentive and couldn't do enough for you.

We would defiantly stay here again if we were visiting Edinburgh. I have stayed in Hilton's which are 5 star previously and this is as good if not better.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dee428
Shetland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I have just stayed two nights in this hitel.
All staff were extremely friendly and helpful, from checking us in, to table service at breakfast and to helping with online airline checkin.
Out room was great, room 215, although afew stairs to get there, it was a brilliant quiet room at the back of the hotel.
The room was clean, fab trendy furniture with the added of extras of the mini bar and very stylish toiletries in the toilet.
Brilliant breakfast, excellent choice of food
Excellent hotel, and hope to stay here again.

1 Thank Helen S