“Great Hotel, Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Edinburgh

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #46 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Brighton
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here between 2nd April and 6th April to celebrate my 30th Birthday. The hotel is a short walk from the main train station and the heart of the city centre. Check in was effortless, despite arriving at the hotel at 9am they were able to have our room ready within the hour, which was brilliant as we wanted to drop our bags off and unpack etc before heading out to see the sights. Also a nice touch was that the hotel had left a selection of cakes and a handwritten note wishing me a happy birthday! The rest of the stay was equally pleasant, there were no issues with noise from our room (410) and the Scottish breakfast (basically an English fry up plus Haggis) each morning was delicious. Would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone and in fact my partners father has also stayed at the hotel since and we all can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrightonVon_B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel via Expedia for a 2 day break and the day prior to our arrival we received a lovely confirmation call asking if we would like an early arrival. At check in we were upgraded to a junior suite which was well decorated, modern and comfortable. Lots of tea/coffee and the complimentary snacks and mini bar was a nice touch. Staff were so friendly nothing to much trouble and breakfast superb. This has been an amazing trip and when we return we will certainly stay here again. The location was also very convenient.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aboyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Partner and I stayed at the Indigo the weekend of 11 April 2014. Perfect location for all Edinburgh has to offer. Clean, comfortable, modern rooms which have good fittings and facilities. Met by friendly staff in reception.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room above 1st floor level as York Place can be busy/noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here last april 5 to 7. Free minibar,modern interiors, pillows are flat though but we had a good night sleep.

All the attractions( arthurs seat, edinburgh castle, national gallery and royal mile)are pretty walkable around 15 to 20mins. It is not advisable to take the lothian bus because it will only save you few mins of walking.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank princesssy
Northumberland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for one Friday night at the Indigo to attend a show at the nearby Playhouse Theatre. We received a warm welcome at check in. The room was small, but clean and tidy and had everything needed for the stay.The quality of fittings / television etc was high. I thought the location would be noisy but we never heard a thing.
Breakfast was good and served by pleasant helpful staff.
All in all we had a great stay and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Upstairs and rear facing - not much of a view but it's quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shark3132
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I arrived at the Hotel Indigo after an appalling experience at another Edinburgh Hotel

I telephone ahead to see if my reservation was there, the reception staff were courteous and polite and confirmed by booking.

I am disabled and upon arrival was made very welcome and the reception staff could not have been more helpful...

A brilliant stay, excellent location, fantastic breakfast cooked to order, if your looking to stay in Edinburgh you couldn't go far wrong by booking here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Clifford L
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My partner got ready for our wedding at this hotel and we stayed there on the night itself.

I cannot fault it.
Whilst I agree it was a lovely hotel, for me the service was the key thing.
I'm quite hard to please, and we picked the hotel for the room and location, but the staff went above and beyond in making our stay enjoyable.
Special mention to Daniel who I've met a few times now - this guy loves his job and I've never had service as good as his in any hotel, anywhere in the world.
I was so impressed I left a note for the manager to pass on to him.

As a tourist hotel, great location, and rooms are cracking.

• Stayed April 2014