We visited the Edinburgh Residence for our anniversary recently and it is a long time since I was as impressed by a hotel.
Our suite was on the basement floor of the hotel and had a lovely view over the city. Clean, spacious, well appointed and comfortable the suite was perfect for a weekend break.
Located 5 minutes walk from princes street and 10 min from haymarket we coulndn't have asked for a better location. Given the current roadworks in the city it is imperative to book somewhere central to avoid driving and this was spot on.
The staff were fantastic and were always keen to help but never seemed to hover for a tip. Anything we asked of them was made to happen quickly and pleasantly and the staff have a real pride in their hotel. Valet parking was provided and the parking was free at the rear of the hotel.
I cannot recommend the residence highly enough and will return without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edinburgh Residence is a collection of 29 elegant, 5-star hotel suites through three adjoining Victorian houses in the West End of Edinburgh. Categorized as 'Classic,' 'Grand' and 'Town House,' the 5-star suites are more like apartments, with magnificent proportions that really allow you to spread out and make yourself at home. In some, the sitting rooms are adjoining, and in others they are self-contained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your The Edinburgh Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edinburgh Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Hotel Edinburgh
- The Edinburgh Residence Scotland