We booked this hotel mainly due to other positive reviews on Tripadvisor.
We stayed in a Classic Suite for two nights and were very pleased with the size of both the room and bathroom.The jacquzzi bath was really enjoyable.
As our suite was on the bottom floor there was no view from the window although there was another door in the room which led to steps onto the main street.
The Scottish breakfast was delivered to the suite at the time of our choice between 7-10am which meant that there was no need to be up and dressed for a more formal dining room breakfast.
Another pleasing aspect to this hotel is that you have total privacy as the rooms are not serviced until your key is handed into reception when going out for the day.
The hotel is ideally suited for those travelling via the airport bus into the city as it is a 10 min walk from the stop in the West End and it is again a 10 min walk to the start of Princes Street.
We would recommend this hotel and would consider coming back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edinburgh Residence is a collection of 29 elegant, 5-star hotel suites through three adjoining Victorian houses in the West End of Edinburgh. Categorized as 'Classic,' 'Grand' and 'Town House,' the 5-star suites are more like apartments, with magnificent proportions that really allow you to spread out and make yourself at home. In some, the sitting rooms are adjoining, and in others they are self-contained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Edinburgh Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edinburgh Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Hotel Edinburgh
- The Edinburgh Residence Scotland