I booked the Edinburgh Residence via Late rooms at a reduced rate and when I saw that we had been allocated a smaller room in the basement with no separate living area felt that this was to be expected.
The room however was still large, comfortable and spotlessly clean.On the negative side the wash basin in the otherwise large and well appointed bathroom was ridiculously small.
The Hotel is only a ten minute walk from Princes Street and is at the end of a large georgian terrace in a nice quiet area of the town.
We didnt use the resturaunt however breakfast which is delivered to the room was nice particularly the cooked Scottish breakfast.Omlettes and haddock and poached eggs etc are also available but are not of the same quality.
One negative with our room, which was the only one in the basement, is that it is near the kitchen/staff area and as such can be a bit noisey from 6 am onwards.
This however did not spoil an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edinburgh Residence is a collection of 29 elegant, 5-star hotel suites through three adjoining Victorian houses in the West End of Edinburgh. Categorized as 'Classic,' 'Grand' and 'Town House,' the 5-star suites are more like apartments, with magnificent proportions that really allow you to spread out and make yourself at home. In some, the sitting rooms are adjoining, and in others they are self-contained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Edinburgh Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edinburgh Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Hotel Edinburgh
- The Edinburgh Residence Scotland