The Balmoral Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$207
US$187
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$150
US$358
US$325
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$152
US$221
US$201
Travelocity
4,107 results
All reviewsthe palm courthadrian's brasseriescotch barrocco fortemarble bathroomsean conneryconcierge stafftrain stationbeautiful hotelturn down serviceluxury hotelprinces streetbirthday treatedinburgh castlecastle viewroyal milespa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in the most charming room on the middle of the top floor of this fine hotel. Pressed linen cloths to rest our feet before reclining into bed. Service authentic and subtle. Lobby flowers - perfection. I felt like looking out our round portal-type window, I was in a castle.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Travelartgolf
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I travelled here a while ago, but as a new member of Tripadvisor I thought this memorable stay definitely deserved a mention.
I went during the winter, arriving at Waverly station the snow was thick outside - closer than I'd remembered from previous stays in Edinburgh the positioning of the Balmoral was a pleasant surprise. The doors opened and luggage taken as we were walked into a lobby with a cosy fire. The building is BEAUTIFUL. The rooms are spacious. The spa is relaxing. The food is delicious. The staff are helpful (despite having to wait for the concierge staff to finish a conversation amongst themselves before we could ask them for directions). And can I give a mention to the housekeeping staff who were outstanding! As we rushed about in and out of snow seeing everything we could see - every time we came back to the room our clothes had be hung up to dry, our shoes under the heaters, the room immaculate.
This hotel is unbeatable.
I wish I could remember some employees names - sorry!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Excellent service from start to finish,lovely superior deluxe room on 6th floor with King size bed . Spent Burns Night in Hadrians Brasserie,food good and whisky pairings with each course excellent and good fun.The most impressive part of our stay was the friendliness and professionalism of all the staff we came into contact with from the moment we arrived to departure. Enjoyed the spa too on a cold wet afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
balmoraledinburgh, General Manager at The Balmoral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the trouble to share your impressions following your recent stay with us at The Balmoral. Your comments regarding the warmth of service are particularly pleasing and I am also glad that you enjoyed a memorable experience celebrating Burn’s Night with us in Hadrian’s.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Franck X Arnold

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I celebrated our pearl wedding anniversary at The Balmoral and the whole stay was everything, and more, we hoped it would be. Every member of staff we came in contact with were so friendly and couldn't do enough to help us. One guy stood out though, Nuno served us our cocktail tasting menu in the Balmoral bar, from explaining each cocktail to engaging in conversation without being obtrusive he ensured our evening was a great success. Fantastic from start to finish

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed you recent celebratory stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for highlighting the exemplary service demonstrated by my colleagues during your cocktail tasting experience.
May I take this opportunity to add my personal congratulations on your pearl anniversary.

Yours sincerely
Franck X Arnold

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent 5 nights here end of January.

Stayed in a Suite which was well maintained, spotless and very nicely furnished and spacious. The large bathroom had a separate bath and shower and had REN toiletries.

Breakfast was in Hadrian's Brasserie. The food was excellent every morning we visited. Staff at breakfast were very welcoming and extremely friendly (as was all the staff we came in contact with).

Located right next door to the main railway station so the hotels location is great.

Our next stop in our trip was to London. We caught a train from Edinburgh so the hotels location was very handy. Upon hearing of our travel plans Joseph the Head Concierge organised for a staff member to take our luggage and escort us to our train.

What service!

All in all a fabulous stay.

Management and staff should be congratulated.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floors have very high ceilings. For quiter rooms ask for one over looking the glass canopy of the railway station.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family