“Excellent!”
Review of The Balmoral Hotel

The Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four nights for our first visit here. Excellent location - it s right by the border of the old and new towns. Very warm reception. I have to mention they have a very efficient concierge service. We were met as we alighted from our train coach and escorted to the hotel. I would like to thank Steve of the concierge desk. His recommendations were very helpful and good.
Room is well configured and comfortable.
I ll definitely recommend this hotel to friends who will come to visit this charming city.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zaia7777
There are newer reviews for The Balmoral Hotel

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We dipped into the Balmoral Brasserie after a rainy sightseeing day with our 5 year old son. The staff were fabulous and could not have been more attentive. Our son suffers from a nut allergy and not only did they bring a fabulous alternative for dessert, they felt bad he could not have his original choice and the chef prepared him a second special dessert too! The main courses were fantastic too. A beautiful restaurant, and it is not often you come to such an establishment and are made to feel so welcome, including young children. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We spent one night a week ago and two more just now and I was stunned at the service we received in a hotel of this type in the UK. NOTHING was too much for the staff. They remembered my name and, although there was a slight hiccup when I checked in, everything was undertaken by the staff with such professionalism I would re comment other hotels in the UK take note.

The hotel is located adjoining Waverley station and is within easy walking distance to all the main sights that Edinburgh has to offer.

Our room was very spacious, we had the Spey Suite, so it is probably not the smallest, our room from a week earlier was smaller but just as nice.

Take my advice if you can afford it and book a high room with Castle views - it is worth the extra!!

If I'm true to note, the only downside was the Concierge. On both occasions I had to call at least twice to get my bags collected after waiting 20 minutes. But if that is the only downside.......carry them down I say.

Stunning stay.....well done to the entire team!

Room Tip: Book a room with Castle view - they are stunning!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Simply one of the best...Staff can't do enough, food is great. Worth the expense, I will definitely we visiting this hotel again. Please treat yourself and book the Balmoral Experience, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We spent one night in a Luxury King Suite, a gift from our son and daughter-in-law, and what a gift it was! Everything was truly superior, and if we could afford to spend a week here, we certainly would. The suite's furnishings were beautiful, the marble bathroom was exquisite, and the amenities were first-rate. The tray of chocolate covered strawberries was a lovely touch, and service was impeccable. Treat yourself to a first-rate experience; or, better yet, find someone else to treat you!

Room Tip: Our rooms, which overlooked the city center, offered a sensational view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BalmoralEdinburgh, General Manager at The Balmoral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the trouble to share your impressions following your recent stay with us at The Balmoral.

I am delighted to learn that you were impressed with every aspect of your stay including the understated luxury of our design and decor, and in particular, the attentive and warm hospitality displayed by my colleagues that left such a positive impression. It will be a pleasure to share your kind words with the team and I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely

Franck X Arnold
+44 (0)131 556 2414

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Amazing location if you are visiting Edinburgh and want to be at the heart of the city.
Was fortunate to be a guest of my company for the weekend. Welcome , service, attention to detail is faultless. Staff are friendly and helpful. Atmosphere is amazing. Rooms are spacious, well furnished and everything works. Bar, Palm Court , Restaurant are excellent, If you are wanting a special treat this is the place for you. However remember this is busy city centre top end Hotel and is always on the move. Finding a quiet place to relax is not easy unless you wish to use the Spa facilities. First Class. If you find fault here you must be really very fussy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. From the moment the gentleman at check in inquired as to any Scottish roots (he is a Fraser and my grandmother's clan were relatives to his) we were treated like family. The rooms were beautiful, afternoon tea was ambrosial, and the concierge had a cab whisk us away to a pre-arranged clinic appointment when my son came down with early symptoms of strep. We have stayed at The Caledonian and it pales in comparison to The Balmoral. One last tidbit...we didn't have a driving map as we were loading up the car headed up north and the concierge ran to a local store to buy us a detailed UK driving atlas. Seriously amazing service. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: The adjoining rooms are perfect for families...privacy for parents and while children are in close p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

It is always immensely gratifying to receive positive feedback from our guests and I would like to thank you for posting such a fantastic review following your recent stay. We pride ourselves on our warm Scottish hospitality and I am pleased to read that my colleagues at the concierge and front desk enhanced your overall experience with their knowledge and resourcefulness I will take pleasure in sharing this with team who I know will be delighted to receive such complimentary feedback.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,