“Great Afternoon tea”
Review of The Balmoral Hotel

The Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Popped in here for a cream tea after shopping! Wow - it may be expensive but it is well worth it. Quiet, clean, and gorgeous food!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Balmoral Hotel

Reviewed 5 April 2010

I stayed at the Balmoral during a quick visit to Edinburgh over Christmas and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality hotel in a great location. I booked last-minute online as one of the managers specials. When I arrived I requested a room on one of the top floors over looking the castle and princes street. The service as was excellent and they promptly upgraded me to a larger room with fantastic views of both. The service remained excellent throughout the entire trip. Great hotel - will be staying again the next time I visit.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2010

The Balmoral offers a hotel experience the likes of which is increasingly hard to find in the UK. From the moment you enter the hotel you have the most attentive and helpful staff on hand; quality rooms and facilties; and a genuine sense of being in a 'grand' hotel. Expensive, but if you can afford it, worth it!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Without a doubt the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything was perfect anf I have never slept so well!

Beautiful hotel. I want to live there. And I have high standards!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2010

What a pleasant surprise we had in enjoying our evening at the Balmoral Hotel so much we wanted to stay longer. Though we are only from Fife, it was such a pleasant stay we plan to return as soon as possible. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff were superb . Very pleasant room, the bed was so comfortable and the bathroom lovely. Cant wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2010

The Balmoral Hotel is a landmark building in Edinburgh, centrally located and fabulous for "stepping out" for shopping, theatre, socialising etc.

Unfortunately I found it soulless though!! Hotel has hundreds of rooms that vary in size and decor. I looked at 3 rooms before i decided on the room I felt was satisfactory for the money paid. I would reccommend an internal room as the ouyside rooms are noisy with street traffic.

I felt the SPA was an afterthought with small "cold" pool and a bit claustrophobic as it is in the basement - I could not get a Spa treatment so cannot comment on that facility.

Overall it is a lovely hotel, I would stay again for convenience but I do think there are lots of other hotels in Edinburgh which have far more warmth and fun!

Roomesa

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We would just like to thank you very much for the excellent service you and your staff provided on our recent visit to your hotel last weekend. It was a surprise birthday trip arranged by my partner Mr White for me and I could not have wished for anything better. I would like to give a special mention to Gregor Forbes the Hadrians Restaurant Manager because his own personal attention to detail was impeccable and his staff very conscientious. Many Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple