“Best flat white... in Europe !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
zurich
“Best flat white... in Europe !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

When I return to
Edinburgh from my home in Zurich... this is one of my 'must visit' destinations! The coffee is truly exceptional!!!

• Visited January 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee, great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Up there with the best coffee in Edinburgh (there are a few good places these days) and a great cosy wee place. Excellent service and very helpful (and last time I went the girl working there was absolutely stunning) and good value for the quality. Highly recommended

• Visited November 2013
“Faultless brew house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Quite simply the best coffee house in town. Great knowledgeable staff that have the coffee making skills to match. A must for great coffee lovers

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Blackadder102013
Durham, North Carolina
“love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Our son went to school in Edinburgh, and always came to Artisan as the premier place to get a great cup of coffee. We were lucky enough to experience this for ourselves when we went to visit. It's a great little coffee house with wonderful atmosphere and equally wonderful baristas! A "must go" when you visit Edinburgh. You won't be disappointed! Cosy, intimate, and amazing coffees.

• Visited December 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Poor service -wont bother going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I popped in for the first time for coffee yesterday morning. I was not given a menu or guided to a seat and as I was in the middle of choosing a coffee from the blackboard- another customer came in and started chatting, then her order was taken whilst I was standing waiting for my order to be taken. She made this customer's drink first and carried on ignoring me. I then gave her my order and asked for a cake. I was told to help myself. Then another pal came in and chatted to the Barista whilst she made a coffee for herself! Finally I received my coffee - without a saucer. I would have liked to have eaten my coffee WITH my cake not expected it after I finished. Especially as I had manage to serve myself the cake within a reasonable time frame. Delicious coffee but the rude service does not deserve a return visit. £ 3.40 steep for lack of service.

• Visited November 2013