“Best coffee in Scotland, Europe, the world?!”
Review of artisan roast

artisan roast
Ranked #37 of 189 Coffee & Tea in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Perfect coffees with perfect baristas! I personally love the laid back atmosphere, a great place to meet a friend, or sip and read a book. Can't ever resist going in, whenever I'm within walking distance, I make a detour. I always end up buying beans for my cafetiere, and that's my husband's favourite. Artisan Roast is one of my favourite things about Edinburgh!

2  Thank Shallyn G

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I live nearby but Artisan Roast is genuinely one of the best coffee shops I have been in. If I stumbled across it during my travels it's the sort of place I would genuinely miss when I got home and pine for....

Coffee - roasted by themselves and brilliant flavours. You can buy bags of the various coffees to take home and they will grind it to your requirements
Staff - all very friendly and excellent baristas
Atmosphere - 'arguably the most bohemian place in the world' a colleague of mine describes it. I just find it laid back and friendly. I can happily spend an hour or two in there doing some work (email, research, drinking coffee :-) ) watch the world go by and drink my coffee...it lifts the soul.
Food - lovely croissants and cake.

Downside - it's a bit too cool for someone like me :-)

There are quite a few of coffee shops in Edinburgh that serve Artisan Roast coffee but this is the original...

1  Thank JayneAndMatthew
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We walked in to relax before our train back to London and enjoyed both the coffee and the overall atmosphere of Artisan Roast. We had a flat white and a latte each with some delicious brownie. Everything is quite simple but works well and the service was good as well. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

When I return to
Edinburgh from my home in Zurich... this is one of my 'must visit' destinations! The coffee is truly exceptional!!!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Up there with the best coffee in Edinburgh (there are a few good places these days) and a great cosy wee place. Excellent service and very helpful (and last time I went the girl working there was absolutely stunning) and good value for the quality. Highly recommended