This hotel is located in the inner suburbs of Edinburgh and only a brisk 20 minute walk along a main road, to the Royal Mile. When we arrived we were greeted by a very and helpful young man at the reception desk who efficiently checked us in and provided with a host of useful tourist information.
The young man assisted us with our bags to our room at the top of the first flight of stairs, for which we were greatful. Our room overlooked the car park at the front of the hotel. The room was very small with room for only a small amount of furniture other than the queen-sized bed. The bathroom was the smallest bathroom I have ever sen in a hotel room. It reminded me very much of an ensuite style bathroom attached to a railway sleeper comparment. As we were busy during our time in Edinburgh the size of the room didn't really matter as the bed was comfortable and it was just a place to sleep.
A simple but adequate buffet style breakfast was served in the small but pleasant dining room in the basement. The young ladies providing service were pleasant and efficient. On the second morning of our stay, we had a very early departure to catch a plane at the airport and the receptionist kindly organised a packed breakfast to go and left it outside our room for us to collect as we left. We very much appreciated this kind gesture.
As mentioned previously, there is a car park at the front of the hotel. The car park accomodates 10 cars, 8 of which are double parked. Apparently cars keys are kept at the reception desk so that cars can be moved if necessary. Unwillingly to take the risk, the night before our early departure we were fortunate to find a car park in the street. Thus we avoided being trapped in and be unable to get our car out especially at an early hour of the morning, when it may be difficult to locate a staff member.
To summarise then, a tiny room, great staff, a very handy location and problematic car parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod docks, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Cafe Cassis provides excellent quality Scottish- French cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland